"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #11
Executive Chef
I'm making chicken picatta, probably some rice, and not sure what type of vegetable yet.

amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
Senior Cook
The lady of the house is leaving on a business trip tomorrow and won't be back for 2 weeks...which means I'll probably head down to Vegas to earn for a while as well (play Hold 'Em for a living), so figured I'd put together something nicer tonight. Going with:

Grilled veggie salad w/ crab cakes and a saffron aioli
Lobster Thermidor w/ 8 oz Kobe beef filet mignons
Chesakpeake Bay rolls
Potato cakes
Baked Alaska

Poppinfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #13
Assistant Cook
Saturday is 4 course.. :D This is what I had today:
1. creamy fishsoup 2. fishballs with spinach, basil and onion
3. risotto with tuna 4. icecream with orange and grand marnier
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #14
Executive Chef
I'm gonna be busy performing in a show tonight, then if time serves me well I'll get some thai takeout. Chances are I'll have to rush home to feed Callum who still refuses to take a bottle.

Good luck to you tonight Bucky! He sure is a good looking boy. I can't believe how much hair he has, he's so dashing.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
Master Chef
Well, it's already 5:30 here & I am completely unmotivated - lol!!

The weather has been horrible here today - cold/windy/blustery & pouring rain, & the electricity just came back on after having been off since 2:30. Amazing how fast temps drop inside when it's windy out.

So, based on the way I feel at the moment (& whether or not the power stays on), I think tonight is either going to be Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix made with ground turkey along with a green salad, or Chinese takeout. I think that's gonna be the most "cuisine" I'm going to feel motivated to deal with - lol!
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #16
Master Chef
Bucky, the little one isn't so little any more! He's just as adorable as ever!!! Let us know how you make out at dinner. We went out with Sofie last night and she talked and laughed the entire time--another foodie has been born!

DH had to work all day so I'm beat--I've been up since 4 with Sofie, so we're just doing left overs. I have beef stroganoff and taco fixin's to finish up (not together, though!).
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #17
Sous Chef
Buckytom- Wherever you go he will charm the wiatresses for sure - what a charmer!!!There is mischief written all over him but, he also has that look that can get away with murder!!!!
VickiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #18
Master Chef
He's a beautiful child. I can see that same hint of mischief in his eyes that my youngest daughter had. He's going to have a great sense of humor, and a lot of friends.
I'll bet his daddy had that same look when he was little.

Texas, I love livers, but don't think I could go hearts...they're so tough! Do you do something to make them tender?

This is date night for me and g'pa , so we won't be doing much cooking. I have a couple cans of Cambells Chunky Clam Chowder in the pantry, and we'll have that with grilled Velveeta sandwiches...later.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #19
Master Chef
Not only "how do you make them tender", but how do you get enough to make a meal? Do you just save them & freeze them over a period of time from whole chickens? Around here, chicken livers are all you'll find. Once in a blue moon, usually around the holidays, there'll be packages of mixed giblets for sale for gravy making.

My cats are the only ones who get to enjoy whatever comes out of the whole chickens I buy - lol!!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #20
Master Chef
Ended up with sauteed turkey sausages served on a bed of mixed greens. Oh well, Dirty Rice will make a good quick meal for during the week.