Dinner Saturday night April 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angelhair pasta topped with a quick mushroom tomato sauce (sautéed onion, garlic and fresh mushrooms in EVOO, tomato sauce, burgundy wine, herbs and spices) and fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses, salad (red & green butter lettuce, tomato, mushroom cap) the dressing is bean salad and a group of red seedless grapes.

img_995018_0_50375b8241d399c4d23c884ab7392d1b.jpg

Tonight will be orange roughy fish fillets with my perfect fish batter. I just posted my recipe for anyone who wants it. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/my-perfect-fish-batter-71933.html#post994832

I'll be winging it with some jasmine rice made with coconut milk, pineapple and mango. Mixed green salad with Julienne pickled beets, white onion slices, marinated artichoke quarters.
I want some kind of a desert tonight. My Meyer lemon tree will give me some kind of inspiration I hope.
I will have to try the batter. It sounds wonderful.

Leftovers: Roast beef brisket, mashed potatoes, gravy, petite white corn, buttermilk biscuits, and a 2009 Doña Paula Malbec Mendoza

I like tomatoes sliced with Balsamic vinegar and basil, dill or oregano.

me too, these however are cherry ones that are soft. think i will sauté and put in the soup. good veg. for me. wish i had something wonderful for the big sign off, diet tomorrow. lots of goodies , low cal, coming on tuesday so will be fine for the rest of the month. wish me luck. :LOL:

The chicken breasts were very nice. I served them with a dipping sauce of Jack Daniels (about 1 tsp), 2 tsp of maple syrup (gotta find ways to use it up), lime zest, garlic juice and a smidgen of grated ginger. I went with the cloudberry vinegar for the vinegrette--very nice. And had broccoli with ume vinegar on it. And of course the Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream and choc. truffles for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom