Dinner Saturday night April 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I picked up some chicken breasts in NY...so, I'm thinking of grilling them with a glaze. My thought is to make the glaze using some Jack Daniels, maple syrup, lime, garlic, and ginger. Any thing else I should consider to add? To go with the chicken, I'm leaning toward a tossed salad with some quinoa added and a vinegrette using the lime olive oil and a vinegar--not sure which one--maybe white balsamic--maybe the cloudberry vinegar...or should I use the porcini olive oil? Frozen veggies from the freezer (from the garden last year). And, for dessert, store-bought chocolate ice cream (moose tracks) with the truffles that my aunt sent home with me.

CWS4322,
I think the sauce sounds good but, I would need a little heat in mine!

Still cool here so I am making a pizza for the students next door.

DH is working another two shift day and probably won't get home between, so I loaded him up with sandwiches and snacks. Dad has a really bad cold and I am still dealing with allergies and lack of sleep so I think I am just going to put on a big pot of soup and that will be lunch and supper. Not sure what kind yet but it will contain whatever I have in the house I need to use up! ;)

My freezer is full of meals so I'm thawing out some pork in red sauce, and a package of Jasmine rice.

I'm thinking of draining/saving the extra red sauce and adding some salsa then mixing in the rice. The pork was especially tender.

I'll get two containers out of the freezer, but will probably be able to put back 2 ready meals, but this time I'll put them in baggies so they will lay flat and I will write on the bags.

Last edited:
Tonight will be orange roughy fish fillets with my perfect fish batter. I just posted my recipe for anyone who wants it. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/my-perfect-fish-batter-71933.html#post994832

I'll be winging it with some jasmine rice made with coconut milk, pineapple and mango. Mixed green salad with Julienne pickled beets, white onion slices, marinated artichoke quarters.
I want some kind of a desert tonight. My Meyer lemon tree will give me some kind of inspiration I hope.

I picked up a nice porterhouse today. That, along with some roasted red potatoes and grilled zucchini.

Pork Chop, Butter Milk Biscuits, Peppered Country Gravy, Spinach and......:chef:

Karen decided she wanted to have dim sum. She made the dough and left it to rise as we headed to the grocery for some ingredients. Luckily we have a good amount of asin products in our fridge and pantry.

Craig

well, both of Rich's brothers are here, one flew in from NYC this morning....going to have the asparagus, ham and cheese quiche with a side of sauteed asparagus, dinner rolls and ice cream.....this is day 5 for no intake for Rich..

thawing out ham and bean soup. also some cornbread i froze. eating up the bad stuff before starting diet tomorrow. have some tomatoes that need to be eaten. don't know what to do with them.

what do you think, can i sauté and put in soup? might be good.

We are going for left-overs too. I have some homemade noodles with Bolognese Sauce, BBQ Chichen from last night, and who knows what else. Not the perfect match made in heaven but time to clean out the fridge.

I'm whooped. Too much running around the last few days. I think I'm just going to throw a smoked sausage into a Dutch oven with some veggies and beer. A steamed/sweated stew of sorts.

Bought a take and bake pizza at the grocery on the way home after moving the son into a new apartment. The oven just beeped for end of preheat cycle so will go and pop that baby in the oven. I have some lettuce and hard boiled eggs and few other salad fixin's so will also have a salad.

Back
Top Bottom