Dinner, Saturday Nov 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I haven't started this for ages, but of course I haven't cooked a whole lot of dinners in ages either!

We are starting up our regular once a month dinner and a movie night with some friends. It is our turn to do dinner and they pick the movie.

I have some Italian sausage, bratwurst, chorizo and calebrese which I am going to cut up and saute together with onions and garlic. I am going to make a sauce (not exactly sure what kind yet, toss with some penne, put it all in a casserole and cover with cheese.

Sides will be Caear Salad and garlic bread. I also have a couple of appetizers - my own spinach dip on toast rounds and lime shrimp skewers. They are doing dessert.

Somebody besides me gets to start it!!! Yay Laurie!!!

I'm not sure what I am having yet... I got some fennel that I want to try and cook for tonight, but need some ideas of what meat would go best with it. Getting a shimpment of meat here in an hour of two with some lamb stew meat, not sure what else I got coming. What can I do with lamb stew meat and fennel???

Wow, that sounds good, Laurie! All that meat in a big casserole...

I'm going to have the crab legs I didn't get to last night. I have a little broccoli left over. I just need to come up with something else, too....

I am making stuffed cabbage (ground pork/rice/onions/seasonings), will serve them with mashed potatoes. Dessert is still up in the air, maybe Boston cream pie, maybe peach cobbler.

Potato Leek and Bacon soup, in a big old bread bowl.
My first encounter with any sort of tater soup, which I have only
liked once.
I'm increasing the bacon!

It's legogirls' birthday!!!
It's my mom's also.... so my dad is making them a birthday dinner at thier house.
Surf n turf. Yum.

Wow, that sounds good, Laurie! All that meat in a big casserole...

I'm going to have the crab legs I didn't get to last night. I have a little broccoli left over. I just need to come up with something else, too....

Actually the true name for the dish, Pacanis, is "getting rid of all the leftover two's and three's of sausages in the freezer in one fell swoop"! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Crab legs sound good and your broccoli looked and sounded divine!

Bourbon.......
Lots of Fresh Raw oysters......
Redfish Courtbouillon/Rice....
Salad....
Bread.....
Chocolate Ice Cream.......

Aww, Uncle Bob, I was thinking of coming over for a visit and now that I know you are having raw oysters I can't. At least you warned me ahead of time! Give me lots of notice next time you are having chied fricken! :)

Ok, I'm having lamb sirloin's using this recipe. And then I am preparing fennel with red potatoes using this recipe! I hope it turns out well!

It's been sooo dreary about here for the past few days; perfect for baking.

We're having caesar salad with grilled lobster tails for the first course.

Second course is bone in rib steaks, stuffed potato (potato, bleu cheese, chives, caramelized shallot) roasted green beans and sauteed mushrooms.

I'm making a couple of loaves of bread, and a pound cake (recipe from Juniors in Brooklyn) just came out of the oven.

Cocktail hour this evening is Woodford Reserve bourbon and cabernet with dinner.

Chinese dumpling soup:

chopped garlic, fresh ginger,onion, celery,mushrooms, carrots and spinach sauteed a bit in sesame seed oil. Added some veggie broth, tsp of pepper flakes and one packet of instant miso soup from trader joes (yes taking some help from the store today) and two cups of water. Let boil, added frozen premade chicken dumplings also from TJ's boiled for two minutes added chopped cilantro. DONE. The whole soup including chopping time took about ten minutes. Always a favorite in this house.

For dessert an amazing apple pie w/nilla ice cream!

Both sound great, Sattie! You will have to let us know how they turn out.

The lamb recipe is TNT... one of the best ones I have tried. Now for the other... it will be my first time cooking fennel, pretty much eating it... so we will see! Thanks Miss Laurie!

Oooh yum Sattie! DF and I were going out to dinner tonight but can we come to your house instead??? We'll come with wine!!:-p:)

I don't know what food they serve but we are going to a new place in town I think called The Martini Place or The Martini Park....?? Either way at least I know they will have Martinis there! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom