Dinner Saturday November 14, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I have the smoker going: ribs, a ham and cheddar bierwurst. The brats are for lunch. The ribs are supper with scalloped potatoes, and a fresh salad. The ham will get sliced for sandwiches. I have beans soaking for the ham bone. I am going to put them in the crackpot overnight for lunch tomorrow with cornbread.

Last edited:
Tonight will be french toast and pastured pork :pig: sausage.
It's raining too much here to do anything on the grill.

First of two leftover days. We're dining on L/O ACS and perhaps a salad instead of a cooked veggie.

Fresh haddock lightly poached in an improvised thickened sauce (from prawn stock, chopped parsley and a white sauce - amalgamated), with small steamed potatoes.

Rachel Ray's Park City Cashew Chicken served over brown rice, along with some dutch oven rosemary and olive oil bread from yesterday and a green salad. Big batch so daughter and SIL will have another pre-made dinner.

I made an Italian-style pot roast yesterday. We'll have that tonight, with a salad and garlic bread. I'm trying to decide what else to serve with it. Probably either polenta or leftover pasta from last night.

Am presently simmering a chicken stock that will soon be turned into Chicken and Noodle Soup. Will serve with garlic bread using a lot of my garlic.

Odds and ends tonight.

A cup of split pea soup followed by an oven baked chicken drumstick and cabbage salad washed down with a glass of cold tea.

Here's something I seldom make at home. Baked salmon, teriyaki glaze.

Also some glazed carrots, green beans and a small zuke with a little bit of brown sugar, butter, ginger and cardamom. Made this mix to see if any of the veggies might work as a Thanksgiving side dish. While I truly like cardamom, I probably will look a different recipe. I think I made fresh gingered carrots for one of the holidays last year-- they were very good, whatever I did.

We had salads with mixed greens (romaine, arugula, spinach, radish greens), then Himself tried to finish up the quick spaghetti sauce I made earlier to use with the last of the lasagna, while I did finish off the creamy chicken-wild rice soup. But the star of supper was cake. Not just any cake, but a divine 7-layer torte. Big enough slice for the two of us to share - twice! Except this time we just split the slice. *blort*

Attachments

• 2015-11-14 22.10.39.jpg
    2015-11-14 22.10.39.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 132
What is in the cake? Looks like layers of sponge and chocolate...butter icing? It looks similar to an Italian style cake except that would also have some alcohol drenching the sponge.

Pasta with tasso ham (homemade Cajun spice cured/smoked pork), green and yellow squash, carrots, zucchini in a cream/chicken broth sauce with some parm stirred in at the last plus some on top.

Back
Top Bottom