Dinner? Saturday the 7th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
First I must explain, my DH is amazing. << Just some times, he's such a "man". Not his fault, it's just that I'm such a woman. vinegar/water some times. Okay, now that that's clear.

For dinner, I'd like to do bacon wrapped shrimp, which DD just asked me for. I'm also going to do a lemony lightly grilled halibut. Lettuce seared veggie wraps, tortilla parmesan crisps and "frozen dinner roll" bread pudding with creamy custard and creme brulee on top.

Okay, that's it for us here in Vegas, now what are you making?

I was going to make leftovers... but... that bacon wrapped shrimp sounds good and I have both in the freezer so...maybe hubby will get a nice dinner instead of "oh no not that again".

Unless I have a change of heart, I'm thinking meatloaf, garlic mashed taters, gravy and creamed corn.

I'm making pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and some other veggie yet to be determined.

Our son is coming for dinner so we are having the pork chops in the onion sauce, baked potatoes with the works, tossed salad with blood oranges,feta crumbles, bacon, tomato,3 lettuces and choice of dressing either a vinegrette with orange juice or a creamy ranch, I'm also serving some peas and proscuitto and our little appy will be cardoon breaded and fried. Dessert will just be sundaes..Can't wait to see this kid and his family.
kadesma:)

Kadesma... ya did it again. I'm hungry after reading your dinner. It all sounds so good!

I was going to make the smothered pork chops that I found, but, I think I'm making kadesma's pork chops in onion sauce, noodles in Italian dressing, sweet potato casserole and green beans. Sweet pea's for youngest son. And corazon's chocolate kahlua mousse pie.

I know I'll like it. We'll see if anyone else will. It's getting hard to find anything they like other than pizza and mexican food.

I am being a hermit and refuse to leave the house cuz I don't wanna change out of my fav sweatshirt and yoga pants, so I am cooking ham, maybe a pasta salad, and a veggie. I might think of putting some thought into dinner for tomorrow. :)

pdswife said:
Kadesma... ya did it again. I'm hungry after reading your dinner. It all sounds so good!
:LOL: Thanks Pds,
so far things are coming along..Dinner should be pretty soon :LOL:

kadesma

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
I was going to make the smothered pork chops that I found, but, I think I'm making kadesma's pork chops in onion sauce, noodles in Italian dressing, sweet potato casserole and green beans. Sweet pea's for youngest son. And corazon's chocolate kahlua mousse pie.
Texas,
your dinner sounds great, Hope you enjoy the pork chops, my son, called to see what we were having and is now on his way..What a kid, asked just how many chops did ya make ma?:ROFLMAO: I'm going to have to have you tell me how you did your sweet potato casserrole, we love them, but I'm not to swift with making them..

all is almost ready. I have to do the custard filling for the bread pudding (bread is busy drying out after baking off the flakey rolls) and actually cook all else. the tortilla strips are done, the shrimp is skewered and ready to pop in the oven, the dipping sauce for the shrimp and halibut (which is marinating in melted butter/s&p/parsley/lemon rind) and the wraps only need to be assembled. I opted for wonton's instead of lettuce (which I bought anyway) and we'll deep fry them in peanut oil in DD's FryGranddaddy. For once, maybe it'll all be done at the same time. Being stuck with lettuce must mean a salad is in order.

i had pizza. though i'm ready to bundle up & go to Giant Eagle for some silken tofu. yep, that's what i think i'd like to do. any tofu recipes to provide links to? something simple; i only have 2 counters & both are full of kitchen stuff like my mixer & dish drainer....
ahhhh, apartment dwelling, don't 'ya love it.:-p
had my Parents' kitchen to use till i was 24 with all it's counters & such nuances as a table!:ohmy: :LOL:

Last edited:
kadesma said:
Texas,
your dinner sounds great, Hope you enjoy the pork chops, my son, called to see what we were having and is now on his way..What a kid, asked just how many chops did ya make ma?:ROFLMAO: I'm going to have to have you tell me how you did your sweet potato casserrole, we love them, but I'm not to swift with making them..

I use his recipe, but, I leave out the milk or it's just too runny to me.
http://www.recipezaar.com/11599

And I add marshmellows, it's sweet without them, but, they just aren't the same without them to me.

Thanks Texas,
made a copy and will make very soon..DH and I love sweet potatoes and so do the kids.

I was going to make a pork sirloin roast but hubby is working late and our company had to be postponed until tomorrow. I will make a simple pot of chicken and rice tonight.

Back
Top Bottom