Dinner Sept. 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I have chicken thighs cooking in the crockpot. Hubby's friend is coming to visit for a few days. He's the one who does not eat vegetables. :rolleyes:

-pork chops (not sure of a recipe yet)--I was going to do them in the crock-pot, but I just took them out of the freezer. If they are thawed by early afternoon, then I'll throw them in there, after browning in the skillet.
-french fries or mashed potatoes
-vegie of some kind

Strip steak, marinated with a chipotle & smoked paprika butter, grilled.
Sliced thin, piled on a garlic infused artisan bread, covered with grilled
peppers, onions and mushrooms, with a bit of wasabi garlic mayonnaise.
Tasty!

i think it will be Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio topped with toasted seasoned bread crumbs and grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

Bourbon.......
Fried Catfish filets....The little devils are running 2-3 oz each...Two bites, and Bam..Gone!!!
Hush Dem Puppies....
Sweet Potato Fries.......
Cold Slaw.......
Chocolate Pie with Calf Slobber!!!!

Dinner:

Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio topped with toasted seasoned bread crumbs and grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

img_850184_0_6e9ae90390c469b9b109dd75a9d36210.jpg

img_850184_1_5212f2a0810db6074f02b347e06e8af3.jpg

-pork chops (not sure of a recipe yet)--I was going to do them in the crock-pot, but I just took them out of the freezer. If they are thawed by early afternoon, then I'll throw them in there, after browning in the skillet.
-french fries or mashed potatoes
-vegie of some kind
This was our dinner. Nothin' fancy, by any means! :ermm: :rolleyes:

Mark's mother used to make his pork chops in the skillet with cream of mushroom soup. So, that's what I did. Instead of potatoes, I made butter/herb egg noodles with his fav carrots/peas.

img_850216_0_40d1f656b9703a46f73eb5d19064a503.jpg

img_850216_1_3313b71614bfcff2fb1fff9fbcdbff14.jpg

This was our dinner. Nothin' fancy, by any means! :ermm: :rolleyes:

Mark's mother used to make his pork chops in the skillet with cream of mushroom soup. So, that's what I did. Instead of potatoes, I made butter/herb egg noodles with his fav carrots/peas.

img_850220_0_40d1f656b9703a46f73eb5d19064a503.jpg

img_850220_1_3313b71614bfcff2fb1fff9fbcdbff14.jpg
yummy!! did you bread or coat/flour the chops? what herbs did you use in/on the noodles, chops and gravy?

Your linguine dish looks really superb! Your breadcrumbs almost look like bacon bits.... it's probably just the lighting. YUMMO!
thank you VB. not bacon, those are bread crumbs that are seasoned and toasted with butter in a frying pan.

yummy!! did you bread or coat/flour the chops? what herbs did you use in/on the noodles, chops and gravy?
For the noodles, butter, garlic powder, italian seasoning and a little salt.

I rinsed the chops under cold water, then patted dry. They are just seasoned with salt, garlic powder and italian seasoning... no breading. I browned them in the pan and added the soup... no seasoning to that. There was enough with the seasoned chops.

For the noodles, butter, garlic powder, italian seasoning and a little salt.

I rinsed the chops under cold water, then patted dry. They are just seasoned with salt, garlic powder and italian seasoning... no breading. I browned them in the pan and added the soup... no seasoning to that. There was enough with the seasoned chops.
do you add anything to the soup, milk or water to loosen it up into a gravy? it looks great and i use cream of mushroom soup for gravies and to cook things in and i am never sure if i should add something to loosen it up. so i wind up adding burgundy wine!! LOL if in doubt ............ add wine teehee.

I know that wasn't bacon, I just said it looked like it a little.
i knew what you meant and you are right it does look like the real ground bacon (not those baco imitation veggie bacon bits) you see in the salad bars/buffets.

I've never had oxtail. I'm not sure if I would like it or not, but there are few things that I don't like. Your pictures sure make it look tasty! :chef:
Its called ox tail but usually its beef tail. It is a tough cut but when cooked for a long time they get tender and tasty!

Back
Top Bottom