Dinner Sept. 18, 2017 ~ Monday Munchies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which of his myriad of shows? As a family, we pretty much only watch Masterchef.

I got Andy's joke. You aren't exactly known for comedy, however.:ermm:

Hey Hey, you two. Like my Dad always said "It's nice to be nice". Smart man...

medtran, you barely hold a pillow to your chicken. When I say smothered, I mean smothered! By the time I'm done, you'd be thinking "what chicken?" :LOL:
What are smothered chicken breasts? Sounds like something we would like.
In my kitchen, smothered chicken breasts go like this:
Cook your b/s chicken breasts however - grilled, baked, sauteed, Cuisinart griddler - until almost done. Meanwhile, saute sweet onion slices, bell pepper slices (the more colors, the merrier), mushrooms if you have and want them, until everything is almost done. Place chicken in a casserole dish (or leave in CI pan), smother with pepper/onion mixture, and cover with grated cheese of your choice. I've used mozzarella, longhorn, Swiss, Fontina - something that melts nice. Pop in oven until cheese is gooey, then serve up. Mashed potatoes do go good with this - garlic mash especially.

The restaurant we ate this at ages ago also put a couple pieces of cooked bacon between the flat of chicken and the veggies. I suppose a couple slices of some sort of dry-cured ham would be tasty, too. Or smoky like a Bavarian. Or a Virginia baked...

I guess he needed to talk...

Once again, I've had to shuffle my supper plans. I left to run errands early enough to be home well before dinner time. Then life tripped me up. If you want to read my Adventures in Shopping, stop by "What are you doing?"

We had pizza that I picked up on the way home from shopping. And listening. There will be time for the smothered chicken tomorrow.

Birthday party for a friend, so a hot Maas Kolpuri with rice for the guys and Lemongrass chicken for me and the little one served with rice in both cases.

For dessert Boston cream cake and every one was stuffed and happy.

Tortilla Soup

Tonights dinner My Wifes famous tortilla soup
Chipotle base broth with shredded roasted chicken breast ,squash,carrots, and onions. Topped with some Mexican queso fresco and a flower bed of avocado.

Attachments

• 20170918_195821.jpg
    20170918_195821.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 107
Last night we welcomed a new member to our family so we ordered pizza.

Meet Pepper.

pepper_2_IMG_2903.JPG

How pretty! Make sure you keep her inside until after Halloween, though I'd keep her inside regardless.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom