Dinner Sept. 18, 2017 ~ Monday Munchies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We'll be having smothered chicken breasts tonight. That's as long as I get out the door to buy the bell peppers - local store has them on sale for $1.49 a pound. If I feel like hitting up Market Basket too, we'll have cornbread (need to get buttermilk). Salads will come before, too.

What's cookin' by you?

I made a smallish kettle of chicken noodle soup w plenty of veggies today. Almost too many chopped up to keep it smallish. Estimate it's about 4 days worth and I tried real hard to not make so much.

Not sure. The chicken for my Asian chicken salad isn't thawed. Not sure I want to thaw them in salt water. I have bacon and smoked ham steak that I can use in several ways including bean soup or a breakfast meal. I'll decide later.

What are smothered chicken breasts? Sounds like something we would like.

For us, it's flour, s and p dredged chicken, sautéed just to brown, then a whole bunch of onions sliced thin with some sliced garlic cooked in butter and oil until.just starting to caramelize, some of the chicken dredge to make a roux, chicken stock to make gravy, return chicken to pot and cook until done, served over mashies. Definitely a comfort food.

We celebrated yesterday on National Cheeseburger Day Eve.

Tonight it's boneless chicken breasts on the grill, Italian style eggplant parmesan, and a green salad.

Italian-Style Eggplant Parmesan (Melanzane alla Parmigiana) Recipe | Serious Eats
One of the local supermarkets features locally grown produce this time of year, which is where I picked up the smallest eggplant I could find. I made the eggplant parm in a glass bread bowl, as it is the smallest dish we have. Oh, was it good! Definitely a do again, as long as I can get fresh eggplant.

My plan was for leftover pork tenderloin sliders, but I may have to change that to cheeseburger sliders, since it is National Cheeseburger Day.

CD

Made a Costco run today.. Freezer was almost empty..

A trip to Costco often means eating their $1.50 Polish dog and drink.. Love that stuff...

Ross

I made a test batch of cheddarwurst without the cheddar. I'm trying to get the spices right before I sink into 10 lbs or so of pork shoulder and loin. I fried it up as meatballs and there was nothing bad about it. It had that 'sausagey' flavor and the salt was just right. It was tasty enough but I think it needs a little hot so I might add some red pepper flakes and some garlic to it. I ate some for dinner and I'm saving some green and red pepper slices and tomato wedges for my late night snack before the guys get home.

My wife made something really good today. It was sautéed chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, and asparagus in a garlic broth, topped with mozzarella cheese.

My son decided to try to critique it while imitating Gordon Ramsay, so now it's up to him to cook tomorrow's dinner. :ermm:

This should be interesting.

Sometimes it's better to keep yer yap shut.

I decided to do a cheeseburger, but had no burger buns. But, I had some "everything" bagels. So, I made a toasted everything bagel cheeseburger.

CD

Attachments

• BagelBurger.jpg
    BagelBurger.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 173
Lol, no, Andy. It was PG. He just used an accent, used the same 3 or 4 adjectives over and over (like Mr. Ramsay does - the chef needs a thesaurus) and was critical about unnecessary things.
He even re-plated his serving to make it look nice, then knocked it apart, cut into it, held up the fork to study it, then ate.

I think he's going to try fish tacos tomorrow. Lord help me.

Lol, no, Andy. It was PG. He just used an accent, used the same 3 or 4 adjectives over and over (like Mr. Ramsay does - the chef needs a thesaurus) and was critical about unnecessary things.
He even re-plated his serving to make it look nice, then knocked it apart, cut into it, held up the fork to study it, then ate.

I think he's going to try fish tacos tomorrow. Lord help me.
Was it RAW?!? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom