"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 09-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Originally Posted by mudbug
we are picking my cousin from Phoenix up at Reagan National Airport and going here:

Oh, mudbug, I'm jealous. You're making me homesick for Maryland. I lived in one of DC's Maryland suburbs for 30 years. Yum! Yum! Phillips, etc. Blue crabs rock!

We're having baked salmon in parchment with julienned vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, leek).

Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef
Originally Posted by Alix
Having the Gramma's over for dinner tonight so its homemade pizza and some kind of apple dessert (I know that surprises y'all! )

Would that be APPLE pizza, Alix?

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:35 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Katie, I ashamed to say we have never eaten at Phillips before, and we've lived in the VA suburbs for 15 years.

I'm trying the buffet:
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Would that be APPLE pizza, Alix?
You mock? But truly, fruit pizza is a lovely dessert...want some?
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I have no idea and it's 4:00 - I want Gretchen's pulled pork (waaay too late for that), I want Beef Stroganoff, whoever posted that, I want a roast with carrots, veggies, etc., I want a salad from Chef Jen's thread, I don't however want Kate E.'s cousin that she pickled (I swear that's how I read it the first time!).

Maybe I'll get one of those roasted chickens and make homemade chicken enchiladas - maybe - unless I change my mind!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #16
Head Chef
Kadesma's pork chops in onion sauce, green beans, and biscuits.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #17
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
beef stew, white rice, mac-n-cheese, desserts: chocolate and vanilla cupcakes made by the girls, rice pudding and pumpkin pie
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #18
Executive Chef
Well, after that big breakfast I assumed no one would be in the mood for anything. Wrong!

My daughter requested pasta with marinara sauce to bring back to the dorm. So, at 11:30am I was chopping garlic, making the sauce and cooking 2 pounds of pasta. She got some to take back to school, my boyfriend got some to take home, and my son and ex husband will get the rest.

There is still chocolate layer cake and a bunch of other treats from the german bakery.

I hope everyone has a pleasant work week!
How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #19
Executive Chef
We had, as my Grandad calls it, SDS (second day soup). I was gonna come home and make pesto with some grand finale meal but I just didn't have it in me. It was a physically tiring day and soon I will be off to the bath to soak my sore body. Dessert will probably be chocolate and tea, maybe a movie.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #20
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
We mainly munched on tortilla chips with slasa, guacamole, & some cream cheese, chili, & cheese dip last night. The kids & I were still full from our lunch yesterday. We went here http://www.auntsues.com/index.html for sandwiches with my parents & then visited all the little shops to walk off dessert. I had a reuben & blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream, the kids both had turkey sandwiches & birthday cake ice cream in waffle cones.

"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote