Dinner Sept. 7, 2017 ~ The Forgotten Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Wow, I was surprised that no one started a dinner thread yet. I guess between life-threatening hurricanes and earth-scorching forest fires, dinner threads aren't a priority. Stay safe, everyone.

We went out for an early supper meet up with a few of our old friends. Unfortunately for Himself, the spouse of one of them had just had dental work and ended up begging off. Himself ended up being our token male. :heart: He had patty melt with fries. I had roast beef with with mashed potatoes and (fresh) mixed vegetables. We also had bowls of homemade chicken soup, and rice pudding with a bit of whipped cream. All four women took leftovers home so that we could have our little dessert. :LOL: BTW, my dinner was a mere $7.99! Good food, cheap prices? For sure it's time to move back home!

I actually didn't eat any dinner tonight, so....

I'll tell you about lunch. :chef:

I had a low carb flaxmeal wrap with shredded chicken, homemade mayo, microgreens and tomatoes from the garden. Very tasty!

Dinnertime I went out and organized the garage and mowed. I completely forgot about eating until it was like 8 o'clock. :neutral:

Too busy making preparations for our uninvited guest.:mad: Just grabed a bag of sauce out of the freezer and made some pasta.

A Nagano pork chop, spaghetti with garlic...

Attachments

• ObHjuUH.jpg
    ObHjuUH.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 131
Looks great, Rock.

I haven't been feeling well, so I haven't been cooking much. Last night, we had Marie Callendar's chicken pot pies. I made my first chicken pot pie for Pi Day last spring. Looking forward to making another one soon.

Nice, Rock. :yum:

We had sashimi (tuna, salmon, ell, and mackerel), and huge Korean style futomaki with fish cakes, and rice.

Braised an 8-pound pork butt on the stove top. After eating way too much pulled pork, was left with 3 1/2 pounds of meat, half a gallon of super-rich stock/broth, and a cup of lard.

Thursday was a lazy day for us..

We grazed on the leftover enchilada dinner from Wednesday.. Had the last of the brownies in the evening..

Somedays we just forego a dinner plan...

Ross

skillet - hope you were serving more than 4 people! Also if you are finding room at a premium in your fridge - you can send the extra's to me... :angel:

Had mussels again! One of my friend could not come for dinner last Thurs. so when I found mussels still on special I bought another package. :mrgreen: She is not particularly fond of fennel/ouzo/cream so this time I made it with garden tomatoes and basil with a sprinkle of Lydia style 'pepperoccini'.

I can honestly say I have not come across a recipe for mussels that I haven't liked. :wub:

skillet - hope you were serving more than 4 people! Also if you are finding room at a premium in your fridge - you can send the extra's to me... :angel:

Had mussels again! One of my friend could not come for dinner last Thurs. so when I found mussels still on special I bought another package. :mrgreen: She is not particularly fond of fennel/ouzo/cream so this time I made it with garden tomatoes and basil with a sprinkle of Lydia style 'pepperoccini'.

I can honestly say I have not come across a recipe for mussels that I haven't liked. :wub:
??
Nope just me as usual. You don't think I ate 4 lbs of pig-meat do you? Between the thick slab of fat on one side, the bone, and all that connective tissue that melts into collagen an eight lb roast yields about 4 lbs of pulled pork. It gets used up in sandwiches, tacos and a bunch of other stuff. But I've got corn husks set aside so there will be tamales coming up soon.

Ahhh... OK... skillet was sort of wondering about how 8 lbs went down to 3.5 lbs and you said you ate too much - certainly sounded like it! LOL. :ROFLMAO: :wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom