Dinner september 30th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spetzofai pilioritiko - casserole of sausages and sweet green peppers. Padded out with some white beans to make it go further and to make me think it's not as unhealthy as just sausages would be. Scrumptious, either way.

Sports on all day today - afternoon snacks of beef stick, cheese, crackers, and sardines. Dinner- (if not still raining) burgers on the grill and oven fries.

I've got goat cheese and wild mushroom ravioli from Taluttos in Philly...so that will be the first course. I'll make a sauce with cream, sherry, dried cranberries and tarragon.

I'm dying for a T-bone..so I'm headed to the butcher for a couple of those. I'll serve them with sauteed mushrooms and whipped butternut squash.

It's official, autumn is here - I'm going to make a pumpkin pie with a walnut crust for dessert.

I don't know what the cocktail of choice will be this evening. I'm thinking something with bourbon.

Clos du Bois merlot for dinner.

Pizza.

I canned pizza sauce this week and one pint jar did not seal, so will be using that sauce. Am making the crust as I type. Will put one dough crust in the frig to slap around until I bake it off tomorrow. I am starting to experiment with using all goat cheeses on pizzas. Also baked butternut squash, with a small bowl of baked potato soup to start things off.

celebrating a good friend's b'day this evening, so I made some fava beans stewed with the "juices" that were left from the Provençal Chicken in the Pot I served a couple of Sundays ago..... lots of herbs and garlic in the chicken stock it makes! Later I'll stew some Puntarelle into the beans for a touch of color and bitter... Then we'll have some Lamb chop style tuna. (I brush it with Dijon mustard and coat it with herbs before searing it off)

A four hour drive to Oregon...
One cousin's wedding
and then another cousin's wedding reception
and then spending the night with BIL. I think that
dinner will be out and about in between some where.

pdswife said:
One cousin's wedding
and then another cousin's wedding reception

i'm guessing the wedding song will be dueling banjoes.

hmmm, i thought they only did that down south...:cool:

as for our dinner, i think i'm just gonna grill the bluefish that i never made the other day, and some chicken, maybe a boiguh or 2. it depends on what dw is willing to eat. she doesn't like bluefish.

Bucky, she should be making dinner for your birthday! (unless of course she cannot cook).

OUr dinner is a ribeye steak sandwich on garlic rolls.

no clue. I have lot's of 'stuff' on hand. I think it may be a combination of meats/cheeses/fruits/veggies/crackers/dips/sauces. For the cocktail, maybe keylime tini's.

shrimp and bread - one of our faves.

Got some good jumbo Gulf shrimp that I will marinate in a combo of melted butter/evoo/bottle of red wine vinaigrette with some garlic and a bay leaf. After marinating for about 30 minutes or so, it will go in the oven until the shrimpies turn pink.

Warm up a loaf of nice rustic bread, and tear off hunks to sop up the juice in the pan.

When I went to the street vender today to pick up some pretzles I picked up a hot dog as well, then I will be eating whatever else people brought to the Octoberfest pary I am going to in a bit.

I always go out on the weekends for dinner. My girlfriends usually picks the place.

She feels like Thai food and it is one of my favorites so Thai it shall be.

My daughter and I are having a weight watcher recipe 4 cheese manocotti and a salad. I cooked pintos and will be making cornbread for hubby who doesn't like pasta much.

mudbug said:
shrimp and bread - one of our faves.

Got some good jumbo Gulf shrimp that I will marinate in a combo of melted butter/evoo/bottle of red wine vinaigrette with some garlic and a bay leaf. After marinating for about 30 minutes or so, it will go in the oven until the shrimpies turn pink.

Warm up a loaf of nice rustic bread, and tear off hunks to sop up the juice in the pan.
You have my mouth watering- mugbug ! :-p

Forty years ago tonight I had a blind date with the man who two years later became my husband and is still my husband. :)

We're having a grilled bone-in NY steak with grilled asparagus and, funny though it sounds, a baked yam. The wine du jour is a 1992 Beringer private reserve Cab. For dessert, we're trying something called Virginia apple pudding, served warm with vanilla ice cream.

Forty years...:ohmy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom