Dinner, Sunday 09/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a bad cold so I needed something with strong flavor. One of the local markets in a small town near me had Ossian smoked pork chops on sale. I simply seared them off in a skillet, served with kidney bean salad and twice baked potatoes(cheddar, bacon).

Ossian Packing hardwood smokes their meats. The chops have a huge center section and a fantastic hardwood smoked flavor. It's hard to beat the quality of their meat.

I was going to have breakfast since Paul was hunting...he came home so we are having tacos...
( with out cheese since I didn't know I was cooking tonight)

This hit the spot. I'll tell you, making your own sauce from a can of tomatoes makes a much thicker sauce than trying to jazz up a jar of tomatoes to your liking, but y'all probably already knew that :rolleyes:

Attachments

• steak and spaghetti 9-28.jpg
    steak and spaghetti 9-28.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 225
Starting at 12:00 and going clock-wise:

Refried black beans and rice
Tamale from my new favorite Latino market with my pico de gallo
Jicama and mango slices with lime squeezed on all - so refreshing!
My guacamole

NOW, I made all the condiments without heat because the tamales were screaming hot the last time - this time they were MILD to NO heat. I guess that's what bottle hot sauce is for! :LOL:

img_694259_0_b599567a4228d7372b4bd781fac75c36.jpg

Grilled cheese sandwich on pumpernickel with extra sharp cheddar and tomatoes.

I was lucky - mum brought over a leg of lamb when she came over for the long weekend, and while I was anticipating cooking it, mum cooked the leg of lamb (the way she always did when I was a kid) with roast potatoes, pumpkin, carrot and steamed broccoli.. oh and of course, gravy! Mum is a plain cook so it was really only salt used but it was very tasty and the good news is she didn't want to take any of the leftovers home with her today!! Yay!!!!!

Starting at 12:00 and going clock-wise:

Refried black beans and rice
Tamale from my new favorite Latino market with my pico de gallo
Jicama and mango slices with lime squeezed on all - so refreshing!
My guacamole

NOW, I made all the condiments without heat because the tamales were screaming hot the last time - this time they were MILD to NO heat. I guess that's what bottle hot sauce is for! :LOL:

img_694432_0_b599567a4228d7372b4bd781fac75c36.jpg

So that's what a tamale looks like, huh? It looks like a folded corn husk....
Very pretty looking plate. What's that member's sig? It is arranged so beautifully on the plate, you know someone's fingers have been all over it. :LOL:
Nice variety to everything :chef:

I did spinach with butter, House seasoning, parm cheese on top.
NYT bread with butter.
Baked/fried apples like CB's.
Husb had rest of pasta fagioli.
Honey and mustard, house seasoning chicken boneless/skinless thighs on the grill, so good but of course the honey blackened and hubby noticed that, I loved what it did to the chicken, but he didn't.:(
Lemon cookies and coconut cookies from the bakery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom