Dinner, Sunday 09/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I have not been on these in a LONG time as I haven't had time to cook anything and nothing we had was worth talking about!!
Well, being unemployed has one advantage, I GET TO COOK THIS WEEK!!!:LOL:
I have Ol Blues, Foiled Chicken wtih Stuffing, Pork Chop and Apple Bake, Creamy Chicken Roulades and Stuffed Pork Chops and Gravy, ingredients. Now is the tough part, trying to figure out which one to do first!! I think I am leaning towards the Creamy Chicken Roulades!

Well, hubby said stuffing, so, I am making Stuffed pork chops with gravy and adding stuffing to it.

We're going to grill filets and I'm going to make bernaise sauce, roasted red potatoes, mixed greens with figs and gorgonzola and red wine.

lots of cooking today .. having a few friends over ..
london broil marinated in garlic some herbs and white wine ..
teryaki chicken wings on the grill(DWs request)
grilled hot wings(sons request)
keilbasa (daughters request)
foiled potatoes .. grilled corn on the cob .. garlic bread ..
tomatoes onions and cucumbers in italian dressing ..
and i made a carrot cake .. smells good .. we will see how it tastes ...

I wasn't up for my surprise on Friday so I get it tonight - Chinese food from our favourite little restaurant by where we used to live. They have a variety of traditional and westernized dishes and know just how we like ours as we have been going forever! I may just have a bowl of wonton soup and then their Cantonese noodle dish!

french bread pizza....piece of french bread with chunky marinara suace and cheese and some chicken on top. Its really good

I worked late today.... we had too much soup left over so I scored a whole pot of Chicken Wild Rice soup that couldn't be served tomorrow.
:)

I have some red gravy loaded with mushrooms and onions left over from the sausage subs I had the other night. A couple pieces of sausage, too. So, spaghetti sounds about right with some garlic bread from the loaf I baked today.

Starter will be a pear/bleu cheese/mascarpone tart, then a green salad followed by Chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Dessert?, who knows! I had thought of an apple tart, but think that would be over-kill.

We're having grilled pork chops and potatoes with a green salad and lots of sliced garden tomatoes (for me at least - DH is not a fan). And I've got some NYT bread in the fridge to bake.

Thanks Laurie...
But mine's better. Holy cow was that stuff salty!!!!

Chili's where I had a nice sirloin, loaded mashed potatoes and garlic bread. After weeks of hospital food, I needed that! LOL.

Well tonight was the big dinner.

Appetizer - Hollowed out tomato filled with a salad made from Mozzarella, basil evoo, Adobo, cherry tomatoes and cucumber. All chopped into about 1/8" pieces.

Main Course - Paella

Desert - Sunrise parfait, bottom layer blueberry Yogurt, next layer Raspberry Yogurt top layer Mango Yogurt. topped with Lemon whipped cream and shaved chocolate. All fruited yogurt made from fresh fruit and lowfat plain yogurt. sweetened with Splenda.

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 178
Wow. That all looks fantastic, AC.
I've got to look up that Paella. I see a bunch of stuff in there I'd be munching on. Stay clear of my elbows :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom