Dinner, Sunday 10/27/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get to play Pac's PPPC 2 football rally again this week. I think I missed one week early in the season.

First some yardwork while we work up a sweat and ruddy cheeks, then I'm grilling Shaboygan Wisconsin's finest Johnsonville brats, sauerkraut and taters, and grilled chicken for herself.

SO is making her top notch chicken pies today. So that's what's for dinner. Yummmm, can't wait.

I'm pretending I'm at Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City, MO today. I'll be having brisket, burnt ends, BBQ beans and ABTs for good measure. If I'm motivated I might make some macaroni salad.

The local Price Chopper had bottom round roasts on sale for $1.99/pound today.

So today is roasted beast with onion gravy, the house smells great!

I'm more excited about the leftovers than the roast, roast beast hash, chopped beef and sweet pickle sandwiches, vegetable beef with barley soup!

I'm pretending I'm at Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City, MO today. I'll be having brisket, burnt ends, BBQ beans and ABTs for good measure. If I'm motivated I might make some macaroni salad.
ok,enough already,i've seen the pictures....your brisket is over there & i'm over here...you're rubbing salt in the wound reminding me:rolleyes:;):LOL:!!

ok,enough already,i've seen the pictures....your brisket is over there & i'm over here...you're rubbing salt in the wound reminding me:rolleyes:;):LOL:!!

Well no one told you to be British! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I can't even begin to find the size of crabs you get over here... err...:ermm::LOL:

Well no one told you to be British! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I can't even begin to find the size of crabs you get over here... err...:ermm::LOL:
it's my life's mission to get crabs,the bigger the better,as often as i can pac:ermm:.....you know what mate,there is something so wrong about this conversation that it makes it sooooo right in sooooooo many ways:rolleyes::LOL:!!

sooooo,ok ok i can literally feel the eye's rolling skywards & hear the sigh's of "bleedin' 'ell 'es off again" but undeterred i SHALL press on,i had some potato & avocado salad,tomato & basil salad as well as some prawns left over from last nights dinner,but not sufficient to form the basis of a satisfying meal or,perhaps more importantly,to replace the blood sugars decimated by my revels on canal street last night.a cursory glance at the contents of my freezer failed to provide stimulation,however,upon delving deeper i came upon the usual suspects...ice,shrivelled peas,lonely sweetcorn kernels,discarded freezer bag ties,a japanese soldier who didn't know the war had ended & a pack of queenies.i removed the scallops & left mr yamamoto where he was:ermm:!!
harry's prawn & scallop burgers with the aforementioned salads.chilled miranda wisemen rosé colder than a penguins willy!!

Attachments

• PRAWN BURGERS 001.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 001.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 155
  • PRAWN BURGERS 002.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 002.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 159
  • PRAWN BURGERS 003.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 003.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 135
  • PRAWN BURGERS 004.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 004.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 153
  • PRAWN BURGERS 005.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 005.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 141
  • PRAWN BURGERS 006.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 006.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 155
  • PRAWN BURGERS 007.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 007.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 159
  • PRAWN BURGERS 008.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 008.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 152
  • PRAWN BURGERS 009.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 009.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 156
  • PRAWN BURGERS 010.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 010.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 151
  • PRAWN BURGERS 011.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 011.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 146
  • PRAWN BURGERS 013.JPG
    PRAWN BURGERS 013.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 200
Very nice, Harry. It must be nice to scrounge and come up with that :chef:
Are burger presses popular over there. We used to have another Englishman here who used one a lot. Man, you even have a double press. Sweet.

Very nice, Harry. It must be nice to scrounge and come up with that :chef:
Are burger presses popular over there. We used to have another Englishman here who used one a lot. Man, you even have a double press. Sweet.
what? a japanese soldier who doesn't know the war has ended:ermm::LOL:!!

And it even has ribs on it. You can get 'grill marks' in a flat pan!
correct andy!!
don't think anything is that popular when it comes to "making it yourself" over here.judging by the increasing range & number of "ready meals" available the average brit is getting even more lazy when it comes to food!
the burger press is a really well made,totally non stick,piece of kit originally priced at £5/$7-8....there were loads of them on sale at £1/70cents,but i was the only person buying....sheesh,wish i'd bought a few:rolleyes:!!

No cooking for me. It's kinda nice to live across the street from the local branch of the Legion so we went out last night to hear some bands and had to go to work this morning with a WEE BIT of a hangover....heading out for something greasy....

Last edited:
We were going to have a repeat of yesterday's meal, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse.....a motorcycle ride to "our" Dairy Queen about 17 miles from here.

It's only open from March 1 to October 31 and it's sort of a special place for Glenn and me, so he suggested we take a late ride there for some of their wonderful foot-long hot dogs with chili and an ice cream, I had my motorcycle boots and jacket on before he could say "DQ." So that was/is tonight's supper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom