Dinner...Sunday 10-7-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a craving for huevos rancheros, so that'll probably be this afternoon's dinner. I also have an avocado that needs used - hopefully it's not past it's prime. I'll see when I cut into it. :)

What's on your plate? :chef:

Not sure. We had a small get together of neighbors and there was a lot of finger food. We're not a bit hungry right now.

I also have a tendency to let avocados go too long Cheryl. I should start buying them just 2 at a time, and I'd be more careful I think. Keeping them in the fridge crisper makes me forget about them.

I still have some leftover smoked pork loin, so I think I'll shave some of it on top of bowls of Asian noodles and veggies in a spicy broth.

Its fall festival time in Missouri so, we made the rounds to 3 small communities today..

Ended up eating at a 50's diner in Branson, MO..

Good food but, had we started back a bit earlier we would have missed the huge storm which hit us about a 1/2 hour from home..

Oh well, the food and all was really good.. :)

Ross

brown rice with green tomato salsa and queso sauce.
a few fresh cheddar cheese curds.
fried peppers w/garlic/lemon and a side of marinaded olives.

Guys had pizza and chicken/egg noodle/cream sauce casserole.

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, catered by tenspeed. Sweet Italian sausages and b/s chicken thighs on the grill, a black eyed peas / spinach / tomato combination on the side, green salad. Daughter and SIL took the kids apple picking today, so she made an apple crisp for dessert.

I have a craving for huevos rancheros, so that'll probably be this afternoon's dinner. I also have an avocado that needs used - hopefully it's not past it's prime. I'll see when I cut into it.....

The avocado was a no-go, and some fresh cilantro would have been good, but I was out. Still a good and filling dinner, though.

Attachments

• huevos rancheros3.jpg
    huevos rancheros3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 115
14jn95f.jpg

Father I law trapped a big snake head fish and a bunch of small shad/bluegill type fish, they will fry the small fish and make fish curry with the snake head

In spite of me not posting earlier, we did eat on Sunday. :LOL: Dinner was mostly refrigerator grazing, along with a few emergency egg rolls from the freezer. Instead of a real dinner, I made a small casserole of "Death by Chocolate" overnight French toast from the loaf of bread I bought at the Berkshire Farmers Market. I scattered some raspberries from the freezer and a generous handful of toasted almond slices, and made an orange syrup to pour over while it was baking in the oven. It. Was. Delicious. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom