Dinner Sunday 10th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are doing a healthier twist on Jamies Sausage Carbonara :)

Using lite cream instead of full, bacon instead of pancetta, pork sausages instead of italian...we have made the original and it is the tastiest recipe ever, but very high in sat fat, so need to curb it a bit...I am sure this way will still taste great :thumb

All the talk on the canned tomato thread got my mouth watering for some sauce.

Today it is meatballs, sausage and broccoli parmigiana.

I am using a can Cento crushed today, no paste someone ran off with my last can.

The worst part of living alone is that you have no one to blame when you reach into the pantry for a can of paste and its gone!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I'll b making a Bolognese-style lasagna using Pastene whole plum tomatoes. A caesar salad and a bottle of red should complete the meal. SO's chocolate layer cake will serve nicely as dessert tonight.

I', going to fry up some home fries in the bacon grease from this morning. I might make pork schnitzel to go along.

I'm thinking smothered pork chops with onion gravy over mashed potatoes with green beans. We have leftover lemon cheesecake from yesterday for dessert.

Sauerkraut with grated apples, grated potatoes, ham hocks, pork belly, fat back renderings, and seasoned with juniper berries, green pepper corns, caraway seeds and some white wine for tomorrow night (tastes better when reheated). Italian sweet sausages with onions and peppers, crusty Italian bread and a leafy green salad with Caesar salad dressing for tonight.

Last edited:
Here is our Sausage Carbonara

P1010038.JPG

Perfect, Kylie.

I have leftover oven beef stew with some leftover rice. For dessert, I baked a peach upside down cake this afternoon and will have a 2nd slice with W Taylor's Asian Ginger tea.

Where do you live? :chef:
:yum: Outstanding. Everything looks perfect.

I made a salad while I'm waiting to get hungry and cook dinner. I'll let it sit at room temp to get a little wilted. Good stuff.
I hate this time change. I eat late anyway, now it will be even later for a while.

Attachments

• salad.jpg
    salad.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 175
Found a treasure trove of diced turkey that I saved after Christmas in the freezer, so it's turkey pot pies tonight.

Went Freezer diving and ...

I went freezer diving last night and found an unlabeled Pork Loin roast that was vacuum sealed probably last summer. Love to fix a pork loin roast with sauer kraut in the slow cooker but since I got the new Fagor Pressure cooker put it in about 4pm today.. The pork was in the fridge still wrapped and had thawed some. I had a 2 lb package of fresh kraut from the grocery, (silver Floss) and I had bought some fresh Kale.

Put the trivet in the PC and then the pork loin .. Salted with Kosher salt .... sprinkled both sides. Added the kraut all around the edges of the loin...NOTE do not pack the kraut.

I added the juice from the pack of kraut, then additional 2 1/2 cups of cold water. Put the lid on the PC and stove on high until it hisses then moved to another burner that was set to just above Med/Lo (you need to adjust this to keep the pressure up.) Set the timer for 50 minutes and do other things..

At the end of the 50 minutes remove from heat (put on a cold burner) and let set to cool naturally... about 15 minutes.

Cook the kale in another pan and prepared Mashed potatoes for 2.

Topped it all off with fresh brewed Iced Tea.. Artificially sweetened.

;;;; Had 1/2 of the loin left over.. It was excellent so I shredded it with two forks and added 9 pks of SONNY's Sweet BBQ sauce. ... Will get about 4 nice bbq sandwiches from that and ... the left over mashed potatoes will be breakfast with an egg added.. No kale was leftover..

It was yummy.. :chef:

We are grilling a couple of NY cut steaks. Popped a couple of spuds in the oven and DH made a salad. I do believe he also made a rhubarb crisp, while I was dinging out the basement. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom