Dinner Sunday 11/08/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I was at a lost as to what to have for dinner. I surfed old threads to get ideas. Roast Chicken it is. I have a Purdue Oven Stuffer Chicken in the freezer. I took that out to thaw. If time constraints don't work, the back up plan is Salomon Cakes, Stewed Tomatoes and Mac-Cheese. I will still cook the chicken as I have extended family in town to help with the care of my mother, so on my days off, I plan on cooking enough to keep everyone fed.

I am feeding people I've never met. My sister was in Chicago for a Jazzercise function, and two of her Orlando friends are driving out to spend a few days with us. She's says they're like her, that is to say fairly adventurous, and I made a huge batch of what I call My Cousin Joanna's New Mexico Chili. I hope it works, it is an authentic old western recipe. I'm having doubts now ... maybe I should have done something more traditional? But there is nothing traditional for people from Orlando so might as well go with what I like!

Last edited:
early plans for dinner are meatloaf, taters some how probably mashed, gravy, spinach, steamed carrots or baked sweet tater and acorn squash mash (I may save that for chicken tomorrow).

I baked chocolate chocolate chip muffins this morning, they are yummy!!

img_860727_0_748ef133d76536520244e803c4e05529.jpg

img_860727_1_66c39277d33f8872e18c56db3a61d473.jpg

img_860727_2_1bc6f448e7c0a8af140a746a84e95f83.jpg

My kitchen is still gluten/lactose/casein free today as I am making some more muffins and bread but I should be done by supper. So I am going to make mac and cheese with salami or bacon in it for Dad and I. Probably a side salad or sliced tomatoes.

Sunday Dinner in just a few more minutes...

Stew --- Beef and Pork --- Sweet and Red Potatoes etc
Hot Buttered Cornbread......
Bertha's "Fill Up" for dessert....
Gotta go check on the bread...it's smelling gooooood!;)

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with brown rice, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, garlic, onions, etc., topped with extra sharp cheddar.

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with brown rice, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, garlic, onions, etc., topped with extra sharp cheddar.

Yum! I used to make something similar to this for the vegetarians at the camp I cooked at though for the vegans I left off the cheese. I used to like it myself!

have a small piece of fillet Mignon, so gonna sauté onion sliced very thin, lots of mushrooms sautéed , both in olive oil. add thin bits of steak. can't decide whether or not to make pasta or rice to put in on. maybe will just have corn . has carbs but not as much as the starchy grains. ..

need to make something out of very ripe bananas
maybe bread or maybe a cake with pineapple as well.

plans changed Dinner was Lentil soup with basmati rice

img_860792_0_e3d04eeb7a79a7edd55f4081f49c930d.jpg

img_860792_1_3328e6f82be2f9ed9046caf44c7a5074.jpg

I threw chunks of pork, onion, and carrots into an oven dish, added some garlic, a large can of diced tomatoes, a little water, soy sauce, and a couple handfuls of Basmati rice, and tossed it in the oven. (Ok, so I didn't really toss it--I didn't need a mess to clean up!). The meat was super tender, and it was all very good.

:)Barbara

early plans for dinner are meatloaf, taters some how probably mashed, gravy, spinach, steamed carrots or baked sweet tater and acorn squash mash (I may save that for chicken tomorrow).

I baked chocolate chocolate chip muffins this morning, they are yummy!!

img_860828_0_748ef133d76536520244e803c4e05529.jpg

img_860828_1_66c39277d33f8872e18c56db3a61d473.jpg

img_860828_2_1bc6f448e7c0a8af140a746a84e95f83.jpg
Those look really scrumptious! Give me a glass of milk, please! :chef:

I made plain ol' pork chops. They were dipped in egg, seasoned flour, browned a little and baked in the oven (covered for 30 min, then uncovered for 15). My stuffing had green pepper and celery. On the side were green beans.

img_860830_0_a8401d44b5a02645510c989332a52c40.jpg

Last edited:
I was at a lost as to what to have for dinner. I surfed old threads to get ideas. Roast Chicken it is. I have a Purdue Oven Stuffer Chicken in the freezer. I took that out to thaw. If time constraints don't work, the back up plan is Salomon Cakes, Stewed Tomatoes and Mac-Cheese. I will still cook the chicken as I have extended family in town to help with the care of my mother, so on my days off, I plan on cooking enough to keep everyone fed.

Things did not go as planned. My mother is in intensive care. I did cook the Chicken and made some potato salad for tomorrow.

my parents 30th wedding anniversary

its my parents 30th wedding anniversary yesterday so in honor of it we made Mexican Wedding Cake cookies
1376386_f260.jpg

our kinda looks like this one...

I was supposed to help my sister but was late coz of work,..we had a diverse dinner thats night a bit of Mexican, Asian and American dishes...like buffalo wings, Wanton noodles and Chili rellenos...:chef:

I was expecting company, but really didn't know much about them. Supposedly my sister and a couple of friends were in Chicago on business and were going to make a side trip to visit us. That should have made me suspicious. But it didn't, not in the least. She showed up with my two OTHER sisters, for a sisters reunion. I was NOT expecting it. But I was expecting three gals, and had made my cousin Joanna's green chili stew. I just had it sitting on the slow burner, just waiting, but was concerned. I thought total strangers would be on my door step. Instead it was my little sisters, and not surprisingly, they scarfed it up (my sisters are all quite athletic, and all have a true appreciation for good food). I'm in heaven.

DH beat out some hand cut pork loin chops into cutlets, then breaded and fried them. He also sliced some leftover baked potatoes into wedges, and fried them too. I made some banana/oat/chocolate chip muffins for dessert. It was a yummy meal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom