Dinner Sunday 11th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having roast chicken maryland with roasted parsnip, potatoes, carrots and gravy :)

I think I'm going to pick up some fried chicken at the local grocer for lunch, then shred the leftovers and make some fried chicken wing balls for dinner, or at least to much on around dinnertime.

sausage pattie with caramelized sweet potatoes...I've discovered if I add the leftover roasted sweet potatoes to the heated skillet when I add the raw pattie, the sweet potatoes will caramelize by the time the sausage is cooked

sausage pattie with caramelized sweet potatoes...I've discovered if I add the leftover roasted sweet potatoes to the heated skillet when I add the raw pattie, the sweet potatoes will caramelize by the time the sausage is cooked

Beth, that sound so good. Thanks for the idea.
Good to see you.
kades

I think we'll be having Swiss steak a la Katie-style, with lots of creamy mashed potatoes to pour the sauce over. Iced tea to drink and tea cakes (cookies) for dessert. I'm planning for leftovers so Glenn will have something for supper tomorrow when he'll be on his own. He's completely capable, but I enjoy taking care of him.

That does sound delicious Beth :yum:

The store didn't have any fried chicken out when I went there a little after 11:00... what, people don't pick up fried chicken before the noon hour? :rolleyes:
So I bought some semi-frozen breasts to shred for my chicken balls. I've got one all seasoned and ready to grill in a bit.

Beth, I like that technique. Sausage and sweet potatoes sound like they would go well together.

We are going to have some plain old skillet fried hamburgers with frozen sweet potato fries and a salad. Mix up some all purpose fry/burger sauce. I'm not feeling ambitious today.

I know this is pretty similar to what we had last night, but DH has requested chicken pot pie for dinner. I have some frozen carrots from last spring's garden that will go in. I also have a frozen pie crust that will make it a little easier to make. I'll be trying another new recipe: food-processor pastry for the top crust.

I'm having a lamb burger and fried potato sticks. I'll add some chopped onions and garlic powder and cumin to the ground lamb to spice it up a bit. It's nice weather here, not too hot and not too cold, so I'll grill it outdoors and throw a thick slice of fresh pineapple on the grill too.

Back
Top Bottom