Dinner Sunday 12th November.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Its really autumnal here today. The bells from the church in the valley below our house are ringing for Remebrance Sunday and the flag is fluttering.

We are having coq au vin (inspired by a poster yesterday, lol) and cabbage. I don't know if we will do much else food wise today.

I've been watching the Cenotaph service - very moving as it is every year. I do not believe in glorifying war, but we need to remember with admiration, those who gave (and are still giving) their lives in the cause of freedom.

Roast beef, yorkshire pud and all the trimmings for luch here today. :)

Just read the news that two crew members died after waves hit a Singapore-registered vessel off northeast Scotland. The winds must be very strong over there.

Over here, it's cloudy and a bit cold and the temperature is expected to drop tonight, tomorrow and the day after.

Still suffering from the aftermath of a cold, I prepared a light cabbage soup with garlic bread for lunch.

Freezing here today - (36') cloudy too :(, I need sunshine !!!! :) Making a 3lb. Meatloaf, Mashed potatoes, green beans, Carolina slaw and warm bread. Dessert ???

Last edited:
We're having Indian, chicken tikka masala, basmati rice with lime and mint, and samosas made with a variation of the traditional filling. I'll stuff these with ground chicken and vegetables.

We're having a spiral cut ham, basted with butter,brown sugar and a tiny pinch of clove. Scalloped potatoes made with cream,butter,asiago,parmesan,provolone cheese and sauteed onion, then baked. Artichokes my usual way, green salad, rolls and honey. For starters crab stuffed mushrooms and Margarita guacamole with pita chips. I made a better than S*x cake for my son-in-law who has the world's biggest sweet tooth:LOL: ..That's it!

kadesma:)

We're having football nibblies all day and then leftovers if that isn't enough for everyone.

Went out for sushi for lunch at a new bar. It didn't make my short list of favorites, but it was ok.

Then I went to the local Whoel Foods store and did some wine and cheese tastings. Unfortunately they were out of the red I like, so I had to buy it at another store. Been drinking Bully Hill's table red out of New York.

For dinner I'm going to do a quick parchment steamed fish.

Picked up some New Zealand Lamb Shanks for dinner Monday.

Cider-roasted chicken here. Whole chicken with bacon strips draped over and basted with apple cider. Chicken's nestled on a "nest" of quartered baby red potatoes, pearl onions, green peppers and small tomatoes. Homemade Boston Creme Pie for dessert.

Sunday 'Dinner' Nov. 12th.

So I FINALLY got a day off, so I decided to cook for some family and friends. I just bought a new knife, so I'm using it as much as possible, so I made a salsa. Then I made a caprese salad.

Salsa:
·Tomatoes - Lots and lots of tomatoes. Probably about 12 medium sized tomatoes. 3 quarters of them a medium dice, and the rest brunoise)
·Green Onions (about 3, fine chopped).
·Cilantro - Ugh... the 'right' amount (Hey, leave me alone, when I cook at home I like having my wine, ok!).
·Yellow Bell Pepper - Fine Chop. (Just to give a little bit of crunch.)
·Garlic - About 3 cloves, minced.
·Onions - About 2, medium sized, fine chop.
·Mom & Dad (Salt and Pepper).
·Olive oil, warmed up with Chili flakes.

img_354199_0_717b4452a9312f9d33af63ddc8d9a991.jpg

Caprese Salad:
·1 small-medium sized tomato (very ripe) per salad. Sliced.
·1 Bocconcini cheese ball. Sliced. (You can get three perfect same sized slices from the Bocconcini and tomato.)
·Pesto - It's pesto, you know, basil, parmigiano reggiano, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil... PESTO!
·Balsamic Vinegar Reduction.
·Feta Cheese - Just sprinkled around here and there.
·Mom & Dad.

img_354199_1_e76d27cd4b2a209599f5cbaead2a7c4b.jpg

... Yes, I plated a Mexican Dish, and an Italian dish on Asian plates, I know.

ah, I've put the kids to bed. Now it's time to sit down and relax.

For dinner I had "noodles and cheese", it's what Aidan wanted and I was too lazy to do anything else. Dessert is hot tea and Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles. Yum. They melt in your mouth.

Thank you. :)

Is it just me, or is my Meal showing up in Lulu's thread... :( I'm PRETTY sure I didn't do that... I'm very very confused.

Back
Top Bottom