Dinner Sunday 13th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Family had baked cod and I had cube steak. We all had Caesar salad (homemade dressing) and garlic bread

img_1228814_0_b0c4bcf53abf7e64fb3ab1cbb3b73db0.jpg

img_1228814_1_3cee47fb58401d004778ba59d778ccab.jpg

Kylie, your curry and flat bread look delicious.

Boeuf Bourguignon and mashed potatoes for us tonight. I might make a salad too. Gotta get enough veg.
I don't have any little onions. I'll make the Boeuf Bourguignon for tomorrow after I get some little onions.

We will be going out for supper to either Jade Palace, our favourite Chinese buffet or Tandoori Taste, our favourite Indian restaurant. Leaning towards Indian.

Okay, just found out my pork shoulder has to braise for 10 hours! I will just do it in the crock pot then for tomorrow.

Thankfully I got a whole pile of meat at the butcher's and haven't frozen it all yet. Must do that today. I think we will have chicken legs as they are TB's favourite and I got a ton of them on special. Not sure what I will do, but will figure it out as I go.

We so enjoyed Chef Maloney's Curried Beef (with chicken) :)

We also made our own flatbreads from a recipe we got from a Masterchef Australia Masterclass that we watched today!

For the Curry, we added another tablespoon of the green curry paste and also 300ml of coconut milk instead of the 250ml, just for a bit more sauce

It was all delicious :yum:

P1000962.JPG

P1000960.JPG

lovely chicken curry plate, kylie--looks delicious! i'm big on lotsa sauce, too!:yum: homemade flatbread looks ready to tear up! is that one easy or hard to make? and btw, where IS chef malone, anyhow? don't think we've heard from him since the holidays....

Thank you everyone, the meal was delicious :)

V, I have not seen Chef for ages either....hope all is well with him!

The flatbread is so easy to make, I can PM you the recipe if you like

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, the meal was delicious :)

V, I have not seen Chef for ages either....hope all is well with him!

The flatbread is so easy to make, I can PM you the recipe if you like

Now that you mention it...
Maybe he posted something in the MIA thread, but I went to his profile page and it doesn't have a last activity for him, unless he was invisible :huh:

Broiled organic salmon with a white wine/dijon sauce with lots of spices, brown rice and a green salad.

Bow Ties Yum! Haven't had those in ages :( Won't even try making homemade with my oven either. It's got one setting hot, hot or bloody hot :LOL:
Wish I could move back to my old house.
I cook my bow ties in water on top of the stove then just put browned butter and salt and pepper on top after draining. No oven for the bow ties but the tenderloin yes but I've done it in the slow cooker DH got me for Christmas it's a 4 in 1 and I just love it. But I've used the old slow cooker for it as well just keep an eye on it so it does not get to done.

kades

Ribs last night were perfect...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130114_175734.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130114_175734.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom