Dinner Sunday 14th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good Kylie. Recipe please?

I'm not feeling good, so Himself will heat up the leftover Lo Mein from a few nights back. The jury is out on what/if I'll have much of anything.

CG, I hope you are feeling better soon :)

Certainly, here is the recipe

Chicken with Mustard and Crème Fraîche

Serves 4

4 chicken thighs
250ml crème fraîche
2-3 heaped tbsp grain mustard
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150g pancetta or bacon in the piece
3 or 4 small sprigs thyme

Set the oven at 200C/390F
Put the chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish. Put the creme fraiche in a mixing bowl with the mustard, crushed garlic, a little salt and black pepper. Pull the thyme leaves from their stalks and add them to the creme fraiche.

Cut the pancetta into short, thick strips then fry in a non-stick pan until the fat is golden. Mix with the sauce then spoon over the chicken. Bake for 35 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the chicken skin is nicely coloured.

Enjoy!

The Good Hubby was happy with the Lo Mein. I made a tuna salad for myself and put in some lemon zest and fresh snipped chives from my windowsill pot. It was really good with that twist!

Couldn't find a way to get a round tuit today. Consequently I didn't make the chicken pot pie I promised myself yeseterday. That's ok. I put together a pretty good burrito. Well, it was rolled properly tight like a fat cigar.

The plan was to make fish tacos with the flounder I got at the fish store. I dredged it in flour seasoned with cumin, Ancho chile powder, and a bit of cayenne pepper and pan-fried it in a mix of butter and oil. I also added lime zest and juice and chopped cilantro to some sour cream. Then I realized we were out of flour tortillas and the corn tortillas were falling apart, so I made fish nachos instead. I also made a new salad - tomato and fresh mozzarella with parsley, basil and lemon juice. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom