"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
That's a talk I wouldn't wish on anyone, Tom.
I'm sure you will handle it perfectly.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire
thanks, man. it tears your guts out.

and thanks for the wise words, aunt bea and dawg

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
yeah, not good.

thanks, everyone, for your kind words and support.

he probably hasn't had this much attention since we got him as a kitten, but i guess all things come 'round full circle.

i've been talking to my son about this for a few days now, telling him that herc is dying and to love him and appreciate him as much as possible while still here. dw thnks i shouldn't, that our son is too young to understand.

i hope i'm not wrong.
I understand just how hard this is. My Cade who will be 11 in Sept was here with me when my dad passed. He was all of 2 and a half. He waited several days then he crawled up into my lap looked me in the face and asked me "Ma" you're not going to leave me to are you. Iweighed my options and figured it was better to tell him the truth instead of lying. So I said I'd stay as long as I could there was no way I was going to tell my little prince that I'd always be here. He didn't ask me again til this last time I was in the hospital and he over heard my Dr. Tall DH how close they had come to osing me. Then He came to my bed took my hand and asked me again. I said to him what did I tell you Cade? he repeated the answer and I said yes honey I'll stay as long as God lets me. and he just smiled gave a big sigh and huged me. From that day he sat by my bed holding my hand not saying anything just looking at me. Do I love that boy? you bet he is the reason I am.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote