Dinner Sunday 14th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bad day here. just found out our maine coon, hercules, has terminal cancer. he's lost so much weight but he doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear. he still plays, and humps the laundry, and is eating, but he doesn't have long at the rate it's going.

neither of us felt like cooking, and dw just wanted to stay home with him, so i'm just running out for takeout italian.
So sorry to hear about your cat. Big hugs to you and your family!

I gotta hand it to you, VB !! :angel: I'd get plenty tired of cooking a special meal for him every night. :huh: Does he cook? Does he ever covet your dinner? :glare:
No, he doesn't cook. I think he enjoys what I make for him. He says he likes it. If he doesn't for some reason, he usually tells me.

i enjoyed the fish tacos i made with swai so much. i decided to make them again. sadly no shredded cabbage on them. i ate homemade coleslaw couple nights ago. had some last night and spent the entire, and i mean the entire night in the bathroom. i do have limes , etc. i make on extra thin corn tortillas.

babetoo said:
i enjoyed the fish tacos i made with swai so much. i decided to make them again. sadly no shredded cabbage on them. i ate homemade coleslaw couple nights ago. had some last night and spent the entire, and i mean the entire night in the bathroom. i do have limes , etc. i make on extra thin corn tortillas.

Sorry you got sick, Babe. How did you prepare your swai?

I'm not sure for myself. I'm making Mark a breaded, baked chicken breast, then topped with shredded cheddar and bacon the last few minutes of cooking. With it, some kind of vegie and buttered egg noodles.

Me.... I just bought a whole bunch of vegies... something using lots of those.
Here was Mark's dinner
img_1037160_0_fe70900607e05fe1f8dc6d682ed7441e.jpg

img_1037160_1_68b37fd22c6f9cab5906b2002a52b3c9.jpg

Beautiful pictures tonight !!

I have an idea rolling around in my head for dinner.
I have more shrimp than I needed for last nights pizza, and some leftover tri colored rice from the night before. I also have two big beautiful whole portabella mushrooms in the fridge, and some frozen spinach. See where I'm going with this?
I'll post some pictures tonight if all goes well.:chef:

Dinner turned out really well here. I posted it on a new thread. Here tiz.......

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...d-portabellas-pictures-74225.html#post1037177

Bad week for cats, Tom.

yeah, not good.

thanks, everyone, for your kind words and support.

he probably hasn't had this much attention since we got him as a kitten, but i guess all things come 'round full circle.

i've been talking to my son about this for a few days now, telling him that herc is dying and to love him and appreciate him as much as possible while still here. dw thnks i shouldn't, that our son is too young to understand.

i hope i'm not wrong.

yeah, not good.

he probably hasn't had this much attention since we got him as a kitten, but i guess all things come 'round full circle.

i've been talking to my son about this for a few days now, telling him that herc is dying and to love him and appreciate him as much as possible while still here. dw thnks i shouldn't, that our son is too young to understand.

i hope i'm not wrong.

I think he is old enough to understand this.

As a fisherman he understands life and death.

The appropriate time to discuss things is when they are happening.

Just go at his speed.

buckytom said:
yeah, not good.

i hope i'm not wrong.

As long as it's explained in terms he can understand, and not too much detail, he should be fine. All children will be exposed to illness and death at some time, be it a pet or a person.

Our neighbor's little boy, about 5, took it in stride when their beautiful Sheltie was put down with pancreatic cancer. Sometimes, it's harder on the older kids and adults.

That's a talk I wouldn't wish on anyone, Tom.
I'm sure you will handle it perfectly.

thanks, man. it tears your guts out.

and thanks for the wise words, aunt bea and dawg

Last edited:
yeah, not good.

i hope i'm not wrong.
BT
I understand just how hard this is. My Cade who will be 11 in Sept was here with me when my dad passed. He was all of 2 and a half. He waited several days then he crawled up into my lap looked me in the face and asked me "Ma" you're not going to leave me to are you. Iweighed my options and figured it was better to tell him the truth instead of lying. So I said I'd stay as long as I could there was no way I was going to tell my little prince that I'd always be here. He didn't ask me again til this last time I was in the hospital and he over heard my Dr. Tall DH how close they had come to osing me. Then He came to my bed took my hand and asked me again. I said to him what did I tell you Cade? he repeated the answer and I said yes honey I'll stay as long as God lets me. and he just smiled gave a big sigh and huged me. From that day he sat by my bed holding my hand not saying anything just looking at me. Do I love that boy? you bet he is the reason I am.
kades

Back
Top Bottom