Dinner Sunday 14th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an idea rolling around in my head for dinner.
I have more shrimp than I needed for last nights pizza, and some leftover tri colored rice from the night before. I also have two big beautiful whole portabella mushrooms in the fridge, and some frozen spinach. See where I'm going with this?
I'll post some pictures tonight if all goes well.:chef:

I have an idea rolling around in my head for dinner.
I have more shrimp than I needed for last nights pizza, and some leftover tri colored rice from the night before. I also have two big beautiful whole portabella mushrooms in the fridge, and some frozen spinach. See where I'm going with this?
I'll post some pictures tonight if all goes well.:chef:

I would if you mentioned "grilled" :)

My stew is simmering and that's all I can say about that. Dinner in a couple hours or so, when I feel like it.

I'm not sure for myself. I'm making Mark a breaded, baked chicken breast, then topped with shredded cheddar and bacon the last few minutes of cooking. With it, some kind of vegie and buttered egg noodles.

Me.... I just bought a whole bunch of vegies... something using lots of those.

I'm not sure for myself. I'm making Mark a breaded, baked chicken breast, then topped with shredded cheddar and bacon the last few minutes of cooking. With it, some kind of vegie and buttered egg noodles.

Me.... I just bought a whole bunch of vegies... something using lots of those.

Sounds like a good dinner for each of you VB. Maybe you didn't see when someone asked recently why you and Mark eat different dinners? At first I thought you were a vegetarian but I see that's not the case. Just curious.

Still clueless lol! I have gotten as far as cutting the tenderized steak into strips and still not sure what to make. Not in the mood for sweet and sour stirfry or anything chinese really. All out of fresh veg. I have got tomatoes and onions and french style and asian frozen stirfry veg. Have pasta, rice and pap (white polenta) Any ideas? I feel uninspired!
Do you have any mushrooms? add them to the meat with some onions and garlic saute and the stuff into french or sourdough rolls all buttered and warm makes a great sandwich with tomatoe and lettuce added.
kades

bad day here. just found out our maine coon, hercules, has terminal cancer. he's lost so much weight but he doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear. he still plays, and humps the laundry, and is eating, but he doesn't have long at the rate it's going.

neither of us felt like cooking, and dw just wanted to stay home with him, so i'm just running out for takeout italian.

Do you have any mushrooms? add them to the meat with some onions and garlic saute and the stuff into french or sourdough rolls all buttered and warm makes a great sandwich with tomatoe and lettuce added.
kades

Nope, no mushrooms... according to an earlier post and several others.
Great idea though.

Fajita Style Chicken, pasta salad with grilled asparagus zucchini, black beans and mango strawberry salsa.

img_1037053_0_fb8b350b25470e2d726d246d85c1efd3.jpg

Oh no, BT. So sad. I'm sure you have given Hercules a good life. :( Cancer is so insidious. What a cruel disease.

We had a late lunch, so not hungry yet, I'll go rummage in the freezer.

Last edited:
BuckyTom,
So sorry about your coon hound. We too have had dogs get cancer. Glad he can still play.

bad day here. just found out our maine coon, hercules, has terminal cancer. he's lost so much weight but he doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear. he still plays, and humps the laundry, and is eating, but he doesn't have long at the rate it's going.

neither of us felt like cooking, and dw just wanted to stay home with him, so i'm just running out for takeout italian.

Sorry to hear about your cat, BT.

Sorry. O thought it was a dog. All pets are family members. Sorry BT.

BT - so sad about Hercules. Hope he doesn't experience much pain with it.
We had chinese buffett after church so no one was really hungry.
I got the corn dogs out of the freezer and baked them, opened some cans
of green beans and called it dinner.

Sounds like a good dinner for each of you VB. Maybe you didn't see when someone asked recently why you and Mark eat different dinners? At first I thought you were a vegetarian but I see that's not the case. Just curious.
He likes to eat the same kind of thing all the time. There are a lot of things I love that he doesn't like... in all food categories. When I make him dinner, it seems I'm in a rush. When I eat, I can take my time and have whatever I want.

He likes to eat the same kind of thing all the time. There are a lot of things I love that he doesn't like... in all food categories. When I make him dinner, it seems I'm in a rush. When I eat, I can take my time and have whatever I want.

I gotta hand it to you, VB !! :angel: I'd get plenty tired of cooking a special meal for him every night. :huh: Does he cook? Does he ever covet your dinner? :glare:

Back
Top Bottom