Dinner Sunday 16th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, Swedish meatballs sound good!

I'm going to pan fry a couple pork chops out of the family pack I bought yesterday, then freeze the rest. There will be mashed potaoes and gravy, also.

Sunday Dinner will be meat loaf and mashed potatoes with grandma's sauce, creamed spinach with asiago cheese, and a 2010 Hemispheres petite sirah

Got a whole beef tenderloin on sale... So its steaks .. twice baked taters and a sald...

You guys are killing me with these meals, now I'm thinking mashed potatoes with those Swedish meatballs. I love mashed potatoes and gravy!

Nice one.!

I am going for some oven bbq beef ribs. One of the perks of my partner's job as manager at a meat shop is the odd freebie. She has been working extra hard getting his year end in order he has been giving her some complimentary meat cuts. She came home with a big slab of AAA beef ribs last night so in the oven they go this afternoon.
with some red beans and rice, some tomaters and cukes

Attachments

• DSC00950.jpg
    DSC00950.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00954.jpg
    DSC00954.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154
You guys are killing me with these meals, now I'm thinking mashed potatoes with those Swedish meatballs. I love mashed potatoes and gravy!

Me, too! :yum:

Good looking ribs, Rock.

Attachments

• pork chop dinner2.jpg
    pork chop dinner2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 156
Everybody's food looks and sounds so good!
We are having ColdSlaw, Beef & Broccoli, Steamed Jasmine Rice, Java Chip Ice Cream :)

The smoked turkey was AWESOME. Definitely something I will do again, not every time I make a turkey (since I make turkey about once a month), but I'm already looking forward to lunch of a smoked turkey sandwich. I added cranberry salsa to the menu. I was so anxious to eat, I didn't really want to fuss too much about the pic once it was plated. I started the breast first since it was the heaviest piece.

Attachments

• Smoked_Turkey 101.jpg
    Smoked_Turkey 101.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Smoked_Turkey 102.jpg
    Smoked_Turkey 102.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 161
  • Smoked_Turkey 103.jpg
    Smoked_Turkey 103.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Smoked_Turkey 104.jpg
    Smoked_Turkey 104.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 167
The smoked turkey was AWESOME. Definitely something I will do again, not every time I make a turkey (since I make turkey about once a month), but I'm already looking forward to lunch of a smoked turkey sandwich. I added cranberry salsa to the menu. I was so anxious to eat, I didn't really want to fuss too much about the pic once it was plated. I started the breast first since it was the heaviest piece.

Totally awesome, CWS!

Everyone's meals look and sound great!

Last edited:
We ended up having something else last night, so tonight we had what was planned for then. Spaghetti with spaghetti squash instead of noodles. We liked it. :yum:

That looks positively wonderful, CWS

We went out for Latin American food tonight. I had Churrasco with chimichurri sauce, black beans, rice, and plantains.

I made cumin beef, which turned out really good. I also made stir fried, mixed vegis. It was supposed to have oyster sauce as the main flavour for the sauce. I opened up the oyster sauce and there was a 1/2 piece of mould floating on the surface, so that got chucked. I used some fish sauce instead since I was about to put the food on the table, but it really wasn't very exciting. We also had brown rice.

Amazing CWS :chef:

Great pics, CW. Love the action shots.
Thanks, Pac,Steve, Kylie, and TL--it was SOOO good--I don't know why I procrastinated so long to brine and smoke turkey. I used apple wood. It had a nice smoke, but not too much smoke. And you could taste the cranberry-apple rub on the skin (and, thanks to the brine, in the meat). The challenging part was to add more charcoal to keep the temp up. And the potatoes were also darned good (ChefRF's famous potatoes). Definitely going to be expanding my use of the smoker. I want to try smoking a brined chicken next (not one of ours). I also want to debone a turkey breast and smoke that...since I still have five turkeys in the freezer...

Last edited:
Thanks, Pac,Steve, Kylie, and TL--it was SOOO good--I don't know why I procrastinated so long to brine and smoke turkey. I used apple wood. It had a nice smoke, but not too much smoke. And you could taste the cranberry-apple rub on the skin (and, thanks to the brine, in the meat). The challenging part was to add more charcoal to keep the temp up. And the potatoes were also darned good (ChefRF's famous potatoes). Definitely going to be expanding my use of the smoker. I want to try smoking a brined chicken next (not one of ours). I also want to debone a turkey breast and smoke that...since I still have five turkeys in the freezer...
What are "ChefRF's famous potatoes"?

Your stuff sounds so good, everyone, that I hope that you didn't have to pay for your good eating the way that I did last night. Yesterday was a Lisa Sunday, as usual, and I served slow roasted Boston butt, prepared on Friday/Saturday, with a citrus sauce that didn't taste that great until I doctored it up with some mirin and other odds and ends, stuffed baked potatoes, and peas, and for desert, I made a lemon curd concoction which contains flour and egg whites so that it rises during baking. Stupid me (I?) forgot that I couldn't serve it when it came out of the oven, and of course, it went flat when it cooled, so I filled the space on top of each ramekin with whipped cream, raspberries (that I had bought to make leathers for GDs) and confectioner's sugar.
It was good, too good; I was awake for hours last night with the burps. I had planned on making curry today, but maybe a fast day is called for.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom