Dinner Sunday 16th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ma's Sunday will be some Tamales ,salsa, beans with lime squeesed over them, and paninni's with ham, cheese,and thin sliced gala apples,Strawberries with angel food cake and whipped cream, chocolate covered berrys,chocolate pudding,and fudge also, some wonderful cheese I got made only 2 weeks out of the year with crispy crackers. oh heavens is it good.
I really don't want to share it...:angel::pig::yum:
kades

Today is the turkey-smoking experiment day. I quartered it, brined the pieces, and plan on using apple wood. Just not sure how long it will need to smoke...side of ChefRT's famous potatoes, beets, and frozen green beans (all from the garden).

What kind of smoker are you using CW?
I love apple wood. Maple, too. Smokey yet mild.

What kind of smoker are you using CW?
I love apple wood. Maple, too. Smokey yet mild.
It is just a little Brinkmann (wood/charcoal). I have maple available as well as cherry. I brined it with juniper berries, cranberries, apple, some bay, and all spice. I'm putting a "rub" on it using cranberries, apple, and EVOO (per the sous chef's recommendation). This is my first attempt at smoking turkey (well, turkey pieces). Any suggestions?

A charcoal vertical smoker, cool. That's what I have. Unfortunately, no suggestions though. I've only smoked poultry once, chicken leg quarters. I don't even recall how long it took. Just that I was shooting for 165F or so meat temp. I did not brine and they were still moist. I do recall using the meat to make awesome chili and nachos :yum:
Your turkey should be great. Take some pics of the smoke :chef:

Delicious spread Kadesma!

Steak grinders today- shaved rib eye marinated in a little teriyaki, with roasted garlic mayo and shredded lettuce on toasted rolls.

Tonight we are having a Jamie Oliver Chicken Curry with basmati rice and naan bread :)
Nice one.!

I am going for some oven bbq beef ribs. One of the perks of my partner's job as manager at a meat shop is the odd freebie. She has been working extra hard getting his year end in order he has been giving her some complimentary meat cuts. She came home with a big slab of AAA beef ribs last night so in the oven they go this afternoon.

Looks like we're doomed to gloom again with our weather, so I thought a nice comforting crock-pot meal would soothe us.

I have three giant turkey legs in the crock with potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, garlic and herbs/spices. A dash of chicken broth and we'll feast in about 5 hours. The house is already beginning to smell good.:yum:

Nice one.!

I am going for some oven bbq beef ribs. One of the perks of my partner's job as manager at a meat shop is the odd freebie. She has been working extra hard getting his year end in order he has been giving her some complimentary meat cuts. She came home with a big slab of AAA beef ribs last night so in the oven they go this afternoon.

Thanks Rock :)

It was Chicken Korma!

That is great that your partner has been working so well that she got all that lovely meat as a freebie...good stuff :)

The TJs medley postponed from yesterday is on tap for tonight. Some flatbread, some siu mai, etc.

Oven baked bone in chicken breast halves, baked potato which I may hand mash, though not much hope for gravy from the chix, frozen (garden) green beans and sliced tomatoes.

Two 14" thin crust pizzas topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, pecorino romano, parmigiano reggiano, onions, mushrooms, and anchovies. Dough made from a blend of 10% durum, 15% white whole wheat, 20% Lancelot high gluten; and 55% double zero flours.

Delicious spread Kadesma!

Steak grinders today- shaved rib eye marinated in a little teriyaki, with roasted garlic mayo and shredded lettuce on toasted rolls.
Thanks Deb, your steak grinders have my mouth watering:yum:
kades

We have so much food leftover from last night's party! I think I may use the left over Swedish meatballs and serve them over some egg noodles. We had ham and cheese bunwiches for lunch.....still lots of ham left, but maybe we will use that tomorrow night. Or.....we could just pull out all the leftovers and "graze" ;-). Nanaimo bars, snowballs, cranberry fudge and butter tarts for dessert! Yum :)

I'm heading over to Somebunny's. She needs help with those leftovers.

We will have shrimp from last night, along with smoked salmon cream cheese dip. Will hunt for a veggie.

I'm heading over to Somebunny's. She needs help with those leftovers.

We will have shrimp from last night, along with smoked salmon cream cheese dip. Will hunt for a veggie.

You would be more than welcome Dawg. My guests after seeing the burgeoning 8ft dining table kept asking "how many more people are you expecting". I said " this is it, nobody is leaving here hungry" Lol! Always enough food here for an army.

Back
Top Bottom