Dinner Sunday 17th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our best friends. A mother of one who became paraplegic in a jet ski accident. She became a single mom when her husband divorced her because he didn't want to deal with her disabilities. Please send us your positive vibes as we celebrate the life of the remarkable Ms C this evening.

40 clove chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise
Steamed Green beans
Coconut Blondies

mrs. c must be a special lady, and you must be her most special friends. i'm smiling wide, big bullhorn in hand, ready to blast my best booming birthday cheers across the miles to texicana, to the remarkable mrs. c on her birthday, with her loving circle of dear friends. make some sweet memories together tonight....:)

cold, Cold, COLD here today, perfect weather for soup. I had a leftover smoked pheasant carcass so I'm making 15-bean soup with that instead of smoked ham hocks. It has been simmering for a while now and smells wonderful. There will be some fried bread for dunking and some veg too, but not sure what yet.

Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our best friends. A mother of one who became paraplegic in a jet ski accident. She became a single mom when her husband divorced her because he didn't want to deal with her disabilities. Please send us your positive vibes as we celebrate the life of the remarkable Ms C this evening.

40 clove chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise
Steamed Green beans
Coconut Blondies

Positive thoughts for Mrs. C a wonderful friend and for you and Mrs. 40
kades/ma

Hoping the ground beef will thaw so we can have spaghetti. If not, we'll see what else I can rustle up.

Just shave the ground beef off with your spatula as it cooks. Assuming you are using it for meat sauce...

Classic roast chicken dinner here. Mashed garlic taters, roasted veggies....may make some buns....
I didn't get around to making buns, but I did up a copy cat Swiss Chalet dipping sauce....

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Rock, the chicken and roasted veggies look perfect. We don't have Swiss Chalets in the US. Can you describe their sauce for the unitiated? Thanks.

Rock, the chicken and roasted veggies look perfect. We don't have Swiss Chalets in the US. Can you describe their sauce for the unitiated? Thanks.
Thanks! It's kind of a tangy, chicken based dipping sauce. I can give you a recipe that is pretty close. It is made with a bit of broth, tomato juice and seasonings, which is thickened with some corn starch, so if you don't like it, it isn't a big waste...I like it with plain oven roasted chicken. Swiss Chalet makes rotisserie chicken, but as long as it is a crispy skinned roasted bird it's cool
http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-swiss-chalet-bbq-sauce-331682

Last edited:
2013-02-17 20.43.49-1.jpg

Bunless burgers tonight. Don't let the juice on the plate fool you, there was still plenty in the burger. The lettuce covers it up but there is a portabella cap with melted swiss cheese under there. We were out of tooth picks so a scewer held it all together. It was ridiculously good.

looks good, kylie.

barbara, i hope james'stomach settled.

beth!!! good to see you again.

snip, what's a prego roll?

looks great, rock and pag.

ppo, that looks amazing! i could eat lobster 3x a week.

we just had simple salads, mussels marinara, and a plain pizza tonight.

looks good, kylie.

barbara, i hope james'stomach settled.

beth!!! good to see you again.

snip, what's a prego roll?

looks great, rock and pag.

ppo, that looks amazing! i could eat lobster 3x a week.

It's a South African- Portuguese combination. Steak rolls with homemade chilli sauce made with red wine :yum:

This is a prego roll...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom