Dinner Sunday 17th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making some beef schnitzel burgers :)

Beef schnitzel, cheese, tomato, lettuce and fried onion :yum:

That sounds good Kylie :) I've never put schnitzel on a burger before.

Not sure what to make, I'm not very inspired today lol!

I've got ground beef, smoked pork ribs, lamb ribs, tenderised steaks, smoked chicken quarters, pork bangers, pork rashers, beef short rib, boerewors, fish fingers, frozen peas, corn and carrots, stirfry veg, broccoli, cauliflower and butternuts in the freezer.
I don't know what to make, not in the mood for thinking lol!
Maybe someone will pick for me ;p

Thanks Snip :)

They are nice with schnitzels :yum:

Here it is

P1010021.JPG

James had some acid reflux issues yesterday, so we didn't have chili after all, so that is what we will have tonight. :yum::yum:

I've got some leftover marinated shrimp that I grilled with the other night's steak. I think I will get some stir-fry type veggies and toss them in at the end, then serve over rice.

The temperature is right at freezing today, which means it's a good day to make soup. I'm about to put together a nice big pot of split pea soup. There's a lovely 2-pound ham shank with lots of meat that is just about right for this meal. There are still at least a dozen potato rolls left and a goodly amount of romaine in the refrigerator. So rolls and salad will finish off the menu, with iced tea to drink and some more cut-out Valentine cookies for dessert. Gonna be an easy dinner day today. Yeah, 'cause I want to go out to my studio and play again today.

leftover potato soup, which turned out really well, it didn't need the aged cheddar I had planned to sprinkle on top

or

I haven't been to a restaurant in over a week :innocent:. For lunch or dinner, it will be the soup and a trip to a local restaurant for enchiladas, beans and posole. This restaurant has been voted best Mexican food in town for the last 8 years. I'm leaning toward the enchiladas for lunch and soup for dinner.

Good plan Beth. Enchiladas, the sooner the better :)

My burger didn't thaw yesterday, and I don't appreciate thawing in the microwave. So it's sloppy joes tonight with baked burger buns.

It's the last package of my farmer raised ground beef, time to order a new supply.

Ordered a crisp and thin crust pizza with crispy edges instead. Ate some of that for breakfast, too. Tasty.

Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our best friends. A mother of one who became paraplegic in a jet ski accident. She became a single mom when her husband divorced her because he didn't want to deal with her disabilities. Please send us your positive vibes as we celebrate the life of the remarkable Ms C this evening.

40 clove chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise
Steamed Green beans
Coconut Blondies

Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our best friends. A mother of one who became paraplegic in a jet ski accident. She became a single mom when her husband divorced her because he didn't want to deal with her disabilities. Please send us your positive vibes as we celebrate the life of the remarkable Ms C this evening.

40 clove chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise
Steamed Green beans
Coconut Blondies

Such a sad story. I'm glad she has great friends like you and Mrs. .40 :)

I'm going to try making Sauce Robert (bechamel simmered with cream and freshly grated horseradish) again tonight, to be served with pan-seared beef tenderloin, potatoes au gratin and a green salad.

Positive thoughts for Ms. C., .40. Such sad circumstances.

With a previous post about Mexican food making me want some, we're having black bean soup. Am thinking I may also make PF's lemon curd (with Costco limes).

Back
Top Bottom