Dinner Sunday 17th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
It is Steve's birthday today so we are going out to dinner to celebrate :)

We are heading out to one of our fave Chinese restaurants, looking forward to it :)

I am making a chestnut/ Stilton/ hazelnut nut loaf. Never made this one before. We'll have it with Savoy cabbage ( it's wrapped in some cabbage so will use the rest of it up).

Enjoy your meal out Kyles !

Lulu that sounds lovely , can you do a pic of the finished dish ?

I am making pork loin stuffed with spinach, pesto and Parma ham, with a creamy cider and apple sauce . Also making a lemons curd and blueberry loaf .

Enjoy your meal out Kyles !

Lulu that sounds lovely , can you do a pic of the finished dish ?

I am making pork loin stuffed with spinach, pesto and Parma ham, with a creamy cider and apple sauce . Also making a lemons curd and blueberry loaf .

Sure, I will try and remember to take a snap :). (I have recently changed computers though and have to try and remember my image hosting website password!

Your supper sounds delicious. Pork and apple is just unbeatable. Last week I make roast pork with pears instead of apple. And it was ok, but nothing like as good as with apples.

Getting ready to put a butt in the Egg. Pulled pork sammies with coleslaw and some form of potato.

It's Sunday. Roast dinner, haven't bought the joint yet so not sure which meat we're having, but it will be with roast potatoes, multifarious veg, homemade Yorkshire pudding and gravy from the meat juices. I'm a great one for tradition.

I picked up a package of boneless chicken breast that had been put through the cubing machine.

So today will be Chicken O'Parm and a salad! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I bought a bunch of pork tenderloins at Costco, so something with pork tenderloin. I'm off to look at recipes and decide what.

Pork tenderloin sounds good! I haven't had that in a while, but the grocery store rarely has plain/unmarinated ones. I'm not sure I should drive down and see or not... Now I've got a tatse for tenderloin. Shoot.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! Éirinn go brách (I'm Irish today LOL)

Guess what I am cooking today .................

Corned beef of course.

I would like to make some jalapeno bagels but not sure I will get to it.

Enjoy the day

Last St P day I smoked a corned beef brisket and head of cabbage, but the snow storm disuaded me this morning.

Well, since my heritage is "O'Neill," I'm pretty much obligated to make corned beef and cabbage. Doesn't bother me a bit either because I love it.

The big slab of flat-cut corned beef is in the crock-pot with all manner of spices. The house should smell yummy in a little while. I'll add the cabbage and some tomatoes the last couple of hours. In a little while I'll peel some russets for mashed and I've already put the Killian's Irish Red in the refrigerator to chill. There'll be iced and decorated cut-out shamrock cookies for dessert.

Those both sound good, but the second one is for beef tenderloin. I would be cursing you for making it harder to choose, but I won't be making that first one today. I don't have any spinach, sausage, or mozzarella in the house and I don't have time for shopping today.

The marsala sauce on the other hand...

Well since I am Indian and English, I plan on having deep sea scallops with pasta and Alfredo sauce. The Pirate is coming over and cooking for me for my birthday present. As far as I am concerned, this is Evacuation Day, not St. Patricks. Bostonian to the core. :angel:

Those both sound good, but the second one is for beef tenderloin. I would be cursing you for making it harder to choose, but I won't be making that first one today. I don't have any spinach, sausage, or mozzarella in the house and I don't have time for shopping today.

The marsala sauce on the other hand...

I posted the beef, as I've made it before, & it's the same procedure. I wouldn't fill the pork w/ prosciutto though. ;) It is quick & easy. One of my favorite company dishes. The filling & sauce (Marsala, brandy) is up to you. Use what you like & have on hand. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom