Dinner Sunday 18th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve Kroll said:
Well, I decided to include mushrooms and carrots, two other foods she hates. This was like a quadfecta.

I swear there is lamb on the plate. It's just buried somewhere under that pile of mushrooms.

This made me laugh! Pretty sneaky, Steve!

Ha! Now I see the lamb!

Looks lovely. I envy you the Pink Floyd concert.

Last edited:
very nice, and looking good, steve. i do believe that your plating and photography continue to get better all the time. oh, and i found the lamb using my magnifying glass.:) i trust mrs. k is taking advantage of her trip and getting to enjoy some dishes that you don't care for, as well. then, when you get back together you can enjoy meals both of you like. :)

Mrs. K is over in London on business for the next two weeks, so I am eating everything I like that she hates. Tonight I am having lamb steak and braised cabbage.

I'm also going to a concert a little later on in the evening. The Australian Pink Floyd Show is in town. Yes, I am going by myself. Mrs. K also hates Pink Floyd. :LOL:

Hopefully the cabbage doesn't come back to bite during the concert. :ermm::ohmy::pig:

OMG!!! OMG!!! :)

I love lamb, I love cabbage! (How do you braise it? I mean, other than the obvious.)

I've been a Pink Floyd for decades, since about the time of the Atom Heart Mother album came out. I so envy you because I've never seen a live appearance of PF.

Steve, if you and I weren't of the same polarity I'd love you!!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
NY strip stk, mashed & gravy, fried
39817-albums888-picture5211.jpg
& baked fish cakes (trout)

Well I've been dawdling and snacking for an hour now, started with a Margarita then moved to a nice Sauvignon Blanc and some cheeses and wheat crackers as I diced, chopped and sliced the various ingrediments for dinner.

Toniight I am having a 1/3 pound bison burger a la Swiss with mushrooms. A side of fries with that waiter, please, and please send another glass of Sauvignon Blanc!

I'm in the first fry of the potatoes as I type this. All you French fry enthusiasts know you fry them twice. I decided to make this "get rid of junk oils" night, so I dumped all the remnants of vegetable oils and some lard into the frying pot. I track my oils/fats on $/lb. basis and I dumped the least performers. I've just now reached the second fry (but I'll type for a more few minutes until the potatoes hit the oils).

The Swiss is Emmi cave aged Gruyere. The mushrooms are buttons I got yesterday from Trader Joe's. I just sliced them, and you bad boys looked so clean I didn't bother washing you behind your ears! :)

I made my "Jack's secret sauce" out of home made corn oil mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, and a bit of Meyer lemon juice. I have freshly sliced tomatoes on my serving plate, hearts of Romaine lettuce leaves, thinly sliced red onions, and of course the cheese to broil the 'burgers when I reach that assembly stage.

So I have to sign off and focus on cooking...

Last edited:
OMG!!! OMG!!! :)

I love lamb, I love cabbage! (How do you braise it? I mean, other than the obvious.)

I've been a Pink Floyd for decades, since about the time of the Atom Heart Mother album came out. I so envy you because I've never seen a live appearance of PF.

Steve, if you and I weren't of the same polarity I'd love you!!! :ROFLMAO:
Greg, keep in mind this wasn't the real Pink Floyd, but a Floyd tribute act from Australia. However, they've been around since the mid-1980s and have obviously put substantial $$ into their show. They had a surround system that covered the entire auditorium (the sound was nothing short of spectacular), a portal-type video screen, oodles of lasers, and several enormous inflatable animals, including a 20 foot pink kangaroo. Not the real Floyd, but close.

Check out the link in my earlier post.

I did see the real PF back in '80 or '81 at Wrigley Field in Chicago. That was a heck of a show, or at least what I remember of it. ;)

OIC. Maybe Pink died? Anyway PF was one of my favorite bands. I never seen 'em. Heard 'em a lot though, still got 4-5 PF albums on my iPod.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom