"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Head Chef

Dinner, Sunday, 1st November.

I made boneless chicken with garlic cream sauce,veggies cooked on high in butter and mashed potatoes.Buttermilk spice cupcakes with caramel frosting for dessert.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	7695  

Old 11-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Head Chef

Rib eye steak, Rice, veggie, pickled beets.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Executive Chef

fresh garlic mashed potatoes that will be hiding under creamed turkey; steamed broccoli, and vanilla ice cream
Old 11-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Certified Cake Maniac

I just made up some fresh burger patties up and cooked a few on the Griddler for DH's lunch so he only has to heat them. I put a dozen in the freezer for meals here and left two out fresh for Dad and I to have tonight. I am leaving the choice of whether we have them as burgers or his favourite salisbury steak with smothered onion gravy. His decision will decide what sides.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
Executive Chef

A whole pork tenderloin roast with a real nice crust, smoky baked beans and homemade stewed apples.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Master Chef

I have a cornish game hen in the oven, some couscous ready to toss, and some brussels sprouts in the nukulator. Dinner in an hour, give or take.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I just made up some fresh burger patties up and cooked a few on the Griddler for DH's lunch so he only has to heat them. I put a dozen in the freezer for meals here and left two out fresh for Dad and I to have tonight. I am leaving the choice of whether we have them as burgers or his favourite salisbury steak with smothered onion gravy. His decision will decide what sides.
We went for the hamburgers...I had some buns I made a few weeks ago in the freezer and I warmed them in foil in the oven. I fried onions and had some swiss cheese slices and crispy bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. We just had some potato chips with them....and rootbeer of course!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Chief Eating Officer

Scampi on Couscous

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 (8 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes in their juice
1 (8ounce) bottle clam juice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup water
2 cups plain couscous
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish

In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup olive oil. When almost smoking, add onion, carrot and garlic and saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and their juice, clam juice and white wine. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Carefully pour tomato mixture in the bowl of a food processor and puree. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if needed - you want to end up with a broth. Check for seasoning.

Return broth to the pot. Add 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add 2 cups couscous. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let rest for 10 minutes, allowing the couscous to absorb all the liquid. Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper.

In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup oil. Add shrimp and stirring occasionally, cook the shrimp until they start to turn pink, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or they will become tough. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice, red pepper and chopped parsley. Check for seasoning.

To serve, mound the couscous in the center of a platter and top with the shrimp.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
Master Chef

we went to the Longhorn for dinner tonight.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
Head Chef

Pigs in a blanket, burgers, hot dogs, Italian green bean casserole, a tasty Indian rice and chicken dish, a very tasty couscous and ham dish, a not so tasty frittata, and assorted cakes for dessert.
There was also a chimichurri sauce for the burgers!

It was a potluck! I brought the pigs in a blanket because it was a going back to China for a grad student potluck, with lots of kids. Kids like them, and it was as "American" as I could think of, LOL!

GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote