Dinner Sunday 20th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a slow cooker spicy chicken in peanut sauce on a bed of cous cous

It will be the first time we have had cous cous, so this will be interesting

Cous cous is nice it just needs lots of flavouring as its bland . Best cooked in a chicken or veg stock and add fresh lemon at the end .

Today am making Mechoui lamb, marinated it overnight and now it will slow cook all day . Having it later with pitta breads, a sour cream dip and a scattering of pomegranate seeds .

church, then the boy and i are going to play hockey while dw goes to the gym then food shopping.

dinner will be whatever she brings home. i was thinking of asking her to buy some chicken so i could make my limey thymey chicken picatta (the recipe is posted here a while back), or maybe savory crepes.

We'll have scrambled eggs and sausage for brunch then we're meeting the future in-laws at Applebee's for dinner to go over guest lists and wedding plans with the happy couple. Guess this is really happening! I was beginning to think neither of my guys would find a nice girl. I'm grateful that he found someone he loves and loves him back and that I like her too!

Football watching foods for dinner tonight. While I'll watch the 3:00 game, our big game is @ 6:30PM.

chicken alfredo using boneless thighs .. salad and some garlic bread to go with it ..
will make some ABTs to munch on while the games are on .. off to make some bread ..

Received the latest issue of Southern Living in yesterday's mail. I just drooled over a recipe for oxtails listed on page 116. Knowing that I had a bag of them in the freezer, that's what we're having tonight.

The oxtails are slow-cooked in the crock-pot with lots of veggies, fresh herbs, tomato paste and red wine, then served over rice. We'll have that and the rest of the bottle of red wine that I opened to cook with.

I just took out a huge gubana from the oven. That'll be dessert.

Must be a slow cooker kind of day. We have an 8 lb. spiral cut ham that has been taking up too much space in the fridge (Christmas freebie from DH's work) that I think I will do in the Nesco. Way too much for 2, so will package and freeze a bunch, of course saving the bone for later pea or bean soup. Sides TBD.

Bruschetta, or Crostini. Whatever. Toasted bread with stuff on top.

Since we are watching the 49'ers today we will be having soup a corn potato chowder, then we plan to have tuna sandwiches,and dandilion salad with diced hard cooked egg,red onion evoo,and red vinegar emmmm cant wait.Have a ice cream cake for dessert.
kades

This may end up being an appetizer. I've got some taco fixings to fall back on if I get hungry again in a couple hours.

Attachments

• Bruschetta-Crostini.jpg
    Bruschetta-Crostini.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 176
I seem to be missing the fuzz. Looks good to me, Pac! Now is it bruschetta, crostini, or something else on bread?

Maybe it's my laptop. It looks out of focus or something. I've been running into that lately.
It's toasted bread with a topping, including olive oil and raw garlic. Call it what you will :LOL:

The cold has finally gone east where it belongs so we grilled chicken thighs on this beautiful evening. Chili beans and green salad with garlic toast were the sides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom