Dinner Sunday 21st April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight Steve is treating us to Indian takeaway YUM :w00t2:

So love this restaurants food!

Steve suggested eating at the restaurant, but it is such a cold rainy day, I would rather be home in the warm eating :)

i'm hoping that, after a busy day, i can talk my family into going out for sushi. we went to an old sushi joint last sunday ( that i used to frequent years ago] and it was sp good that i hope we will go again after baseball practice tonight.

or maybe we'll hit up the local divey italian joint around the corner from the field. good food, reasonable portions, appropriate prices.

or sushi. i really want sushi.

Not sure. I'm not in the mood for cooking. It's been raining really hard all weekend, there are floods all over Johannesburg. Lots of people left homeless.

Perhaps I'll just make some toast with tuna salad or go to Bucky's for sushi ;0)

I have just ordered our Indian food...we are having Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Madras, cheese naans and steamed basmati rice :yum:

Going to head out to collect it now ;)

well, I know I just made sloppy joes. But I took another pkg ground beef from the freezer. So, (spins wheel) today it's Meatloaf. I have some breakfast type sausage I can mix in and a few herbs/ onion. I really want meat loaf because I like cold meatloaf sandwiches for lunch much better than dinner:angel:. Tonight I will stick a potato into bake alongside and probably have some cole slaw or cabbage salad too.

...I really want meat loaf because I like cold meatloaf sandwiches for lunch much better than dinner:angel:....

Ooo, that's my favorite way to eat meatloaf too!:yum: That is the only, ONLY time I use ketchup/catsup. Not on French fries (no mayo on fries either), or burgers or hot dogs. JUST cold meatloaf sandwiches. My BIL, "Mr. Heinz"*, just can't understand me.:ROFLMAO:

*One year for Christmas we bought him a commercial size can of Heinz. His wife bought his a couple of the biggest bottles they made at the time (mid-1970s). His parents bought him a 12-count case of regular bottles - looked like a little case of beer bottles. His dear wife has weaned him down from the stuff over the decades.

Himself will have must-go. My tummy is floppy from a bad night's sleep so I'll probably open a can of some kind of chicken soup since we're fresh out of homemade.

Stirling is making a big batch of spaghetti meat sauce. So, tonight it's spaghetti and meat sauce. I'm really getting hungry from the smell.

Prime cut sirloin steak, baked potato and steamed corn on the cob. Plus a cup of coffee - fresh ground chocolate, caramel nut beans.

img_1260775_0_297c9a5b33dc7370fd6c158b15893f0a.jpg

Last edited:
We went on a neighborhood porch crawl today - 6 houses serving different nibbles and drinks. I ate myself silly, DH not so much. He had last night's leftovers; I'm just having a glass of wine.

That sounds like so mush fun GG!! Is that kind of thing organized in some way?

Joining you with a glass of wine but I'm about to complete a final night dinner before I close down the kitchen for a while. We head out on a jet plane tomorrow to Hawaii.

We're having thick pan fried loin lamb chops with steamed broccoli rob and mushroom/brown butter/sun dried tomato with onion soup mix orzo.

I had some "Sister Shubert's" rolls in the freezer, and no hamburger buns, so I made ground beef sliders on the grill tonight. I skipped the rolls even though they are good. Just had mine with veggies. :yum:

Oh Pac! That looks spectacular! Lol! No room for cornbread......wasn't it the cornbread you were trying to find something to go with? ;). It's a late start for dinner around here, we were busy working on the motorhome, relaxing with a honey crisp apple wheat beer while DH makes his lunch for tomorrow.
We are having Black Forest ham, some kind of potatoes, salad and veg. We still DH's b'day for dessert.

Thanks Somebun. :)
I lied.
I just ate a piece of cornbread with butter and honey on it.
I guess there was room after all... :pig:

I used a knife to convince a piece of pork loin to unroll so I could stuff it. I rolled it, tied it, buttered it, seasoned it, and put it on the grill. Meanwhile, I made a couple of hasselback potatoes and some steamed broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom