Dinner Sunday 21st July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheddar, Parmigiana Reggiano, Gruyere, Swiss, Havarti, American. I think that's it. Alton Brown has a recipe for using up bits of various cheeses to make a mixed cheese spread, with wine and butter...

Aunt Bea and I each have a recipe novel ('cuz they aren't laid out in recipe format :LOL: ) that has an entry for "The Cheese Crock". The book predates Alton and it's quite a bit different. Seems like it works on the premise of a sourdough starter: you make a base pot of cheese, then as you use some up you add more to it. Except the add-ins for the cheese crock are nowhere near as structured as for bread. You start with a pound of sharp cheddar and a brick of cream cheese - 24 oz. of cheese always sounded like so much to me. I think I'll mix up a much smaller batch when it's cooler weather and see how it goes. We're more into nibbling when it gets cold.

Just got home from a long work day. Sundays are always crazy. We start with brunch then lunch, then we have to go like crazy to keep up with the meat counter. Must have sold 200 lbs of meat today. .Supper s going to be shrimp prima vera, so I better stop drinking ice cold wine and get to it.. Blurry photos to follow

Your dinner sounds lovely Rock...cant wait to see your burry photo :LOL:

Yum! That is a goodly selection of cheeses there! :yum:

Do you like any blue cheeses?

I don't but DH does. He has to get his fix on his own ;)

I ended up making the cheese spread and toasting some baguette slices and topped that with diced tomatoes. I also made pesto pasta and threw in some leftover roasted chicken and more diced tomatoes. I was just running out of energy at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom