Dinner Sunday 21st July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making lamb rissoles with cabbage, baby carrots and broccoli all covered in a cheese sauce :)

As sunday is my day to cook we're having Chicken & Broccoli Linguine, with a sour cream cake with orange & saffron glaze.

We're going out with Himself's sister and her hubby. An English-style pub opened up two towns over. We liked the first restaurant they opened in a different location when we ate there a couple times last year so we thought we'd all check out the new place. Unless we stop at a different new place on the way there. So many choices...

Tonight we are making lamb rissoles with cabbage, baby carrots and broccoli all covered in a cheese sauce :)

It's a very long time since I had rissoles! Sounds good - hope you enjoyed it Kylie!

I'm making Spaghetti Bolognese - the recipe is from the late Robert Carrier's book "Great Dishes of the World".

We're headed out later for a family photo session and a late lunch following. As a result, dinner will probably be lighter fare.

Today will be the grilled Shrimp Tacos and the Black Bean Quinoa Salad that didn't happen yesterday :) I am putting my "thinking cap" on for some kind of dessert.

Last edited:
CW, that sounds like something worthy of Masterchef, very nice!

To Be Fair - the Linguine is from a packet mix, just mix the dry mix with milk, and cook the chicken & pasta, and there you go :ROFLMAO:, We thought it was gonna be hotter than it was, so wanted little to do in the kitchen.

Though the cake was from scratch.

I'm not sure what I'm making. I have some chicken thighs that need to be cooked or frozen, so maybe those. I have a bunch of veggies I picked up at the farmer's market yesterday, so some sort of veggie dish, and I have a lot of different types of cheese. Maybe a veggie-filled pasta salad to go with grilled chicken.

I'm not sure what I'm making. I have some chicken thighs that need to be cooked or frozen, so maybe those. I have a bunch of veggies I picked up at the farmer's market yesterday, so some sort of veggie dish, and I have a lot of different types of cheese. Maybe a veggie-filled pasta salad to go with grilled chicken.

What types of cheese GG? (Just being nosy as I love cheese). :)

Any suggestions for something "summery", but not on the grill, that I can do with kielbasa?

Doesn't have to be real "summery", just not "wintery". ;)

Tri-tip sandwiches on big soft French rolls, sliced tomatoes, pickles thin sliced onions, lettuce,to go on the sandwiches as well as cucumbers topped with cream cheese,finely chopped green onions, celery, Worchestershire, smoked salmon and capers a tuna dip, and chips, relish tray a big potato salad gotta get crackin and grill the tips. Oh yes pretty glasses with vanilla ice cream topped with caramel and tasted almonds.
kades

Any suggestions for something "summery", but not on the grill, that I can do with kielbasa?

Well it might be nice chopped/sliced into an omelette with a bit of salad on the side?

Tri-tip sandwiches on big soft French rolls, sliced tomatoes, pickles thin sliced onions, lettuce,to go on the sandwiches as well as cucumbers topped with cream cheese,finely chopped green onions, celery, Worchestershire, smoked salmon and capers a tuna dip, and chips, relish tray a big potato salad gotta get crackin and grill the tips. Oh yes pretty glasses with vanilla ice cream topped with caramel and tasted almonds.
kades

Wow, quite a spread and sounds delicious!

Off the top of my head: Slice kielbasa super thin, fry, drain, add veggies (whatever you have, onions, peppers, shredded carrots, etc.) and sautee, along with balsamic, butter, some herbs maybe. Serve on butter and garlic toasted buns.

Or use as a pizza topping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom