Dinner Sunday 21st of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No cooking for me today. We're going to Busch Gardens for their Hall-O-Scream event that our son participates in. He plays a zombie (pretty much his natural state anyway so he was definitely type-cast!) so we will eat at the park. We'll have sandwiches for lunch before we go.

Sounds good Jab, hope you all have a great time :)

Ricotta & mozzarella Calzone w/ marinara dipping sauce & Caesar salad -from the local pizza joint.

Cheddar bacon crusted steak with my version of succotash & a pile of caramelized onions. First try at crusted steak & it was awesome!

Went spelunking in the freezer and came up with some black bean wild rice soup.

Went spelunking in the freezer and came up with some black bean wild rice soup.

I was just wondering how beans froze?
I was thinking probably not so good in a salsa (like corn and black bean).
How do they do in soup?

pacanis said:
How do they do in soup?

I cant speak for everyone... But when i make great northern beans they are better when they come out the freezer... Same with home made pinto/refried beans...

Sesame-thyme crusted Mahi Mahi, chili lime sweet potatoes, and a little fresh fruit.

Thanks to this diet, I've lost 30 lbs as of today.

img_1197672_0_4a5776bd3935388c8e7e1e7c4a6c6827.jpg

Last edited:
Beef stroganoff for us tonight and I think maybe a carrot salad and some other veg, we'll see I'm sure there is broccoli in the fridge and I still have some B'sprouts.

pacanis said:
How do they do in soup?

I've been freezing bean soup for years, it tastes just like it did before freezing. I also freeze chili with beans, along with just plain cooked beans.

I think corn and black bean salsa would also freeze fine, will have to try it.

Steve Kroll said:
Sesame-thyme crusted Mahi Mahi, chili lime sweet potatoes, and a little fresh fruit.

Thanks to this diet, I've lost 30 lbs as of today.

Whoa! Looks great, Steve! Congrats on the weight loss!

Thanks, Q, Dawg.
And I guess I didn't think about chili (duh). That about sums up that answer, lol.

I don't like sweet potatoes, but something about the ingredients make those sweet potaotes sound delicious, Steve.

We just got home from church, so I am making something quick. I'm about to cook some ground chicken patties and will serve them with whatever vegetable I grab. Maybe spinach.

pacanis said:
Thanks, Q, Dawg.
And I guess I didn't think about chili (duh). That about sums up that answer, lol.

I don't like sweet potatoes, but something about the ingredients make those sweet potaotes sound delicious, Steve.

I'm with you on the sweet potatoes, Pac, but maybe Steve can share his recipe and change our minds!

I'm with you on the sweet potatoes, Pac, but maybe Steve can share his recipe and change our minds!

I was just at someone's house the other night and offered a plate of sweet potato fries. They smelled delicious, but there's just something about the sweetness and the fact that I'm eating a hot potato I just can't wrap my tastebuds around. I had to respectfully decline, but I'm sure they both thought I was nuts. :LOL:

It's been a long yearned for day today, with no AC and the windows flung open to smell and feel the 15 mile breeze from the Pacific. I'm SO done with summer heat. The sky is is just waiting for a perfect pink California sunset. I'll be grilling two rib eye steaks with baked potatoes in the oven and salads in the fridge all made up with heart of romaine, pickled beets, sliced avocado, garden tomato, and paper thin white onion. Life is good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom