Dinner Sunday 21st of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Will be making Beef Stew with onion, mushrooms, carrots, courgettes, baby cabbage and samp to serve.
Soaked the samp last night and I'll put the food on as soon as we get back from church.

I just got up and am still shaking the cobwebs out of my head, but I was already in the freezer pulling out a 1.5 kg piece of prime rib. Not sure how I am going to cook it yet. Probably broil it. My daughter likes things pretty standard. Mashed potatoes for sure....

I just got up and am still shaking the cobwebs out of my head, but I was already in the freezer pulling out a 1.5 kg piece of prime rib. Not sure how I am going to cook it yet. Probably broil it. My daughter likes things pretty standard. Mashed potatoes for sure....

Prime rib is my all time favourite cut of beef :yum: Won a T-shirt and a beer mug for eating a whole 1.25kg (2.75 lbs) prime rib steak at a steakhouse when I was 22 :LOL: The owner thought I'd hidden some since he couldn't believe someone my size could finish it! Went back and did it again, with fries and onion rings on the side. I even ate my garnish :pig:

Pork chops, mirliton and corn medley and carrots, which I haven't decided how to do yet.

Prime rib is my all time favourite cut of beef :yum: Won a T-shirt and a beer mug for eating a whole 1.25kg (2.75 lbs) prime rib steak at a steakhouse when I was 22 :LOL: The owner thought I'd hidden some since he couldn't believe someone my size could finish it! Went back and did it again, with fries and onion rings on the side. I even ate my garnish :pig:

...not sure i believe that one myself, snippers--i mostly think of you as game girl with bigger eyes than stomach.:)

you are all the time cooking and eating things i've never heard of, snip. what is samp?

...not sure i believe that one myself, snippers--i mostly think of you as game girl with bigger eyes than stomach.:)

you are all the time cooking and eating things i've never heard of, snip. what is samp?

I ate like a horse till about a year ago, mabe turning 30 made my stomach shrink :LOL:
My mom took me to an all you can eat spare rib night for my 9th birthday and they actually told me to please stop ordering! I had 5 full racks.
I do still eat a large pizza by myself but my days of being a bottomless pit are over :(
I've got a very fast metabolism and I never stop moving. I'm an ADD baby like my Son :ROFLMAO:

Oh, lord, Odette, I would have killed for that metabolism when I was young. Luckily for me, menopause actually improved my physique.

tonight will be a beef stir fry using mushrooms and some green beans I froze from the garden. Over noodles, hopefully!

Oh, lord, Odette, I would have killed for that metabolism when I was young. Luckily for me, menopause actually improved my physique.

tonight will be a beef stir fry using mushrooms and some green beans I froze from the garden. Over noodles, hopefully!

You make a laugh :ROFLMAO:
I can still get away with eating what I want without gaining weight but my desire to indulge is gone.
Your dinner sounds fab :yum: Just finished eating Sunday lunch. Judging by the semi-concious bodies lying in the lounge, no one will be eating Dinner tonight :LOL: They all but emptied the pots, only enough left for my 5 yr old for lunch tomorrow!

No cooking for me today. We're going to Busch Gardens for their Hall-O-Scream event that our son participates in. He plays a zombie (pretty much his natural state anyway so he was definitely type-cast!) so we will eat at the park. We'll have sandwiches for lunch before we go.

beer can chicken ... mac and cheese .. mashed taters and gravy ...
green beans ... really beautiful day here in se va ...

No cooking for me today. We're going to Busch Gardens for their Hall-O-Scream event that our son participates in. He plays a zombie (pretty much his natural state anyway so he was definitely type-cast!) so we will eat at the park. We'll have sandwiches for lunch before we go.

we went two weeks ago .. i love that place ... its was really busy ..
they stopped letting people in at about 4pm due to being at capacity ...

I'm thawing out the other half pork sirloin roast. It will be easier to store the individual serving packs than the roast. It was taking up too much room in my crowded freezer.

I was disappointed last time with the apple juice braising liquid. It had all the meat juices in it, but didn't taste like I could use it for broth or gravy.

This time I'll make up the liquid so I can use the broth in other things.

I've also got carrot coins that I cooked in chicken broth with dill and some grated ginger. I'll glaze them for dinner with butter and brown sugar.

I ate like a horse till about a year ago, mabe turning 30 made my stomach shrink :LOL:

Speaking from experience, turning 40 and 50 make your stomach go the other way :rolleyes:

Stew sounds good. I think I'll head into the store and pick up a chuck roast and make some stew.

beer can chicken ... mac and cheese .. mashed taters and gravy ...
green beans ... really beautiful day here in se va ...

I was almost going to make beer can chicken myself, but didn't feel like driving to the "good" store to pick up a chicken.
And it's a nice fall day here, too. I just spent a couple hours out back plinking with one of my new 22's.

Speaking from experience, turning 40 and 50 make your stomach go the other way :rolleyes:

Stew sounds good. I think I'll head into the store and pick up a chuck roast and make some stew.

Oh dear :LOL: So in 9 years it's gonna get worse :ohmy:

Stew was good, wish I didn't eat so much though, I feel like a stuffed turkey!
I also used chuck, I normally go for shin but this was good too :yum:

I was almost going to make beer can chicken myself, but didn't feel like driving to the "good" store to pick up a chicken.
And it's a nice fall day here, too. I just spent a couple hours out back plinking with one of my new 22's.

store by me had them for 99 cents a lb .. even had neck and gizzards in them .. which i dont usually see in fryers ..

Back
Top Bottom