"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Dinner Sunday 21st of October

Will be making Beef Stew with onion, mushrooms, carrots, courgettes, baby cabbage and samp to serve.
Soaked the samp last night and I'll put the food on as soon as we get back from church.

__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Tonight we are having an Atlantic salmon pasta
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Tonight we are having an Atlantic salmon pasta
Sounds great
Just finished making the Beef stew with samp, darn good! Not sure what I did differently but it's better that ever! Hope I can recreate it
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,787
I just got up and am still shaking the cobwebs out of my head, but I was already in the freezer pulling out a 1.5 kg piece of prime rib. Not sure how I am going to cook it yet. Probably broil it. My daughter likes things pretty standard. Mashed potatoes for sure....
__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I just got up and am still shaking the cobwebs out of my head, but I was already in the freezer pulling out a 1.5 kg piece of prime rib. Not sure how I am going to cook it yet. Probably broil it. My daughter likes things pretty standard. Mashed potatoes for sure....
Prime rib is my all time favourite cut of beef Won a T-shirt and a beer mug for eating a whole 1.25kg (2.75 lbs) prime rib steak at a steakhouse when I was 22 The owner thought I'd hidden some since he couldn't believe someone my size could finish it! Went back and did it again, with fries and onion rings on the side. I even ate my garnish
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Executive Chef
 
CraigC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,777
Pork chops, mirliton and corn medley and carrots, which I haven't decided how to do yet.
__________________
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Prime rib is my all time favourite cut of beef Won a T-shirt and a beer mug for eating a whole 1.25kg (2.75 lbs) prime rib steak at a steakhouse when I was 22 The owner thought I'd hidden some since he couldn't believe someone my size could finish it! Went back and did it again, with fries and onion rings on the side. I even ate my garnish

...not sure i believe that one myself, snippers--i mostly think of you as game girl with bigger eyes than stomach.

you are all the time cooking and eating things i've never heard of, snip. what is samp?
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
...not sure i believe that one myself, snippers--i mostly think of you as game girl with bigger eyes than stomach.

you are all the time cooking and eating things i've never heard of, snip. what is samp?
I ate like a horse till about a year ago, mabe turning 30 made my stomach shrink
My mom took me to an all you can eat spare rib night for my 9th birthday and they actually told me to please stop ordering! I had 5 full racks.
I do still eat a large pizza by myself but my days of being a bottomless pit are over
I've got a very fast metabolism and I never stop moving. I'm an ADD baby like my Son
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,973
Oh, lord, Odette, I would have killed for that metabolism when I was young. Luckily for me, menopause actually improved my physique.

tonight will be a beef stir fry using mushrooms and some green beans I froze from the garden. Over noodles, hopefully!
__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Oh, lord, Odette, I would have killed for that metabolism when I was young. Luckily for me, menopause actually improved my physique.

tonight will be a beef stir fry using mushrooms and some green beans I froze from the garden. Over noodles, hopefully!
You make a laugh
I can still get away with eating what I want without gaining weight but my desire to indulge is gone.
Your dinner sounds fab Just finished eating Sunday lunch. Judging by the semi-concious bodies lying in the lounge, no one will be eating Dinner tonight They all but emptied the pots, only enough left for my 5 yr old for lunch tomorrow!
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.