Dinner Sunday 24th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, turns out we were in the mood for something a little more than a sandwich, so we went out tonight and treated ourselves to a few oysters and some bubbly. One of our favorites.

img_1242661_0_d06c057a3dd910c4e7159ce4c72a622c.jpg

i'm at the oscars right now, simpatico slurrping and sipping....:):cool:

steve, so nice that you are able to get out and enjoy a sumptuous spread such as this, know that life is still good.:)

Here is what I wish I had for dinner......

image-517276315.jpg
My son-in-law prepared steamed clams, garlic butter and a lobster roll, for his dinner and posted it on Facebook. DD won't eat seafood, according to SIL she was having "some kind of cauliflower crust pizza". I must get more info on that!

No lobster for me :(

We had baked ham, scalloped potatoes, steamed asparagus for me and steamed cauliflower for DH.

Snap, Snip :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

have you ever read the "snip, snap, and snurr", books? i loved reading them to my son a few years back. classics.

DD is coming for supper tonight. Yea! I really miss her but she is a big college girl now and out on her own.

Lemon Oregano Chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise - Updated recipe will post on that thread later.
Green Beans
Montgomery Pie.

something tells me her finger will be well wrapped. dinner sounds good, daddy. :)

Dinner was Korean Stir Fried Spicy Octopus - Nakji Bokkeum

Korean Spicy Stir Fried Octopus - Nakji Bokkeum by powerplantop, on Flickr

ppo, are you in asia, or just cooking asian. both look awesome!

no one felt like cooking tonight in my house, so we just ordered an eggplant pizza, mussels marinara, and a shredded veggie salad.

My friend made baked salmon served with a side of wild-brown rice (I brought the wild rice--natural wild rice from MN) and a lovely salad of mixed greens with fresh strawberries and a raspberry vinagrette. It was a lovely meal.

Yesterday was my birthday, & Oscar night. The party host made fish veracruz with cilantro lime rice. I contributed crab pico de gallo & chips. Margaritas to wash it down. ;)

ETA: Over all, I was pretty bored. Didn't care for the host, & didn't see many gowns that knocked my socks off.

Last edited:
happy belated birthday, cerise.

my late dinner at work was pistachios, dry roasted peanuts, jingos crackers, and a diet coke.

Thanks, Kylie. I really didn't have much to do with it (other than pulling the credit card out of my wallet) but it was quite tasty.

It would have been so nice to have a evening out though, great food and drink :)

How is your ankle coming along?

Back
Top Bottom