Dinner Sunday 24th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking about making split-pea soup with the ham bone I have in the freezer and then having potato pancakes with it.

Got a wolie (sp - craving?) for corned beef.

Last edited:
I took a chicken breast out of the freezer last night. I seem to remember wanting to make something that used a chicken breast a week ago. Now I just need to remember what that something was :huh:

The closest thing to cooking I have done in 5 days is reheat take-out in the microwave (probably a record for me).

Tonight will be chicken thighs (method to be named later), salad, asparagus and potatoes or rice. We have to get back to healthy basics - our bodies are screaming "no more junk please!!!" ;)

We are in mid-storm. According to the weather guys it's going to snow all day and amount to just a few inches. It's a good day for a pot roast. So I have a boneless chuck roast and a host of veggies and stuff to make a super good pot roast dinner for tonight.

Andy, your dinner sounds great for a snow day. Hope the weather isn't too bad for you.

It's not. The storm has been continually downgraded for a 12" snowfall to the current 3" snowfall. It's just a good day to hang around indoors and relax. At least that's what I'm doing. SO is bouncing off the walls because she can't sit still.

I took a chicken breast out of the freezer last night. I seem to remember wanting to make something that used a chicken breast a week ago. Now I just need to remember what that something was :huh:

You to?

Stumped here and have an hour to either get over it or figure out what it was I had planned on.

It was some kind of Italian dish chicken breast, pounded thin. Dredged in seasoned flour. Fried, can't remember in what, or what it was supposed to be paired with. Pasta? Tomato sauce?

Can I just go back to bed?:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Not sure yet. We have our wine club board meeting today, and the host usually serves a light meal. Sometimes it's a little too light. If we're still hungry afterwards, we'll probably just grab a sandwich somewhere.

Finally I'm going to a friend's tonight (Friday night [my b'day] was postponed; last night didn't work--I got stuck in my driveway I hate it when I back into a snowbank). I know that red wine and peeled veggies are on the menu and a swim is planned (she lives in a high-rise with a pool). Surprise me! (As long as bananas and pine nuts are not involved.)

Last edited:
Lunch was split pea soup with smoked ham from last night. Corned beef is simmering.

We hit a BBQ place for lunch after church since it's in the running for the rehearsal dinner when our son gets married. Ate too much and brought half of mine home! Dinner will be leftovers and snacks. I had originally planned soft tacos (ala Snip and Kylie) but I think I'll wait and do those tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom