Dinner Sunday 24th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DD is coming for supper tonight. Yea! I really miss her but she is a big college girl now and out on her own.

Lemon Oregano Chicken
Gratin Dauphinoise - Updated recipe will post on that thread later.
Green Beans
Montgomery Pie.

Panini's made with ham,mortadella,capicolo(sp) swiss or monterey jack or pepper jack cheeses, pepperoncini,red onion sliced thin, lettuce, tomato. A tortelini salad with pesto and mini tomatoes, Ice cream cones for dessert our appyis will be crostini with Mascarpone and smoked salmon plus dolce Gorgonzola and toasted walnuts.
kades

It's a pretty nice day here but I had a hankering for pot roast, too :) I'll simmer it with Chianti, rosemary and porcini mushrooms and serve over egg noodles. Either a salad or green beans and Italian bread alongside.

You to?

Stumped here and have an hour to either get over it or figure out what it was I had planned on.

It was some kind of Italian dish chicken breast, pounded thin. Dredged in seasoned flour. Fried, can't remember in what, or what it was supposed to be paired with. Pasta? Tomato sauce?

Can I just go back to bed?:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I think it was the recent threads on chicken breasts that put something in my head at the time.
Maybe I'll get lucky and it will still be frozen and I can toss it back in the freezer until next time :wacko:

I grilled burgers outside. It was combined lunch and dinner. So I ate two.

I like the way you think, Whiska!

Nice meals, all. PPO, lovely pic!

We have lots of various leftovers to finish up, and I made some clam dip.

Tenderloin steaks with shrimp skewers, roasted potatoes with the dreaded truffle oil, and probably green beans.....
Changed it up a bit. No shrimp, broccoli and cauliflower for veg, garlic mashed spuds with the dreaded truffle oil, mushrooms au gratin, and a hunk of St Agur for good measure...chased it down with a good healthy amount of Cab Sav....early night tonight.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Nice array of veggies to choose from, Rock.
Yeah. Thanks. I am trying to adhere to the 1/3 veg to starch to meat ratio. Getting it right on the plate is easy. It's getting it into my stomach that isn't. The meat always seems to disappear but there is always some of that darned green stuff loitering around long after dinner is done.:LOL:

Changed it up a bit. No shrimp, broccoli and cauliflower for veg, garlic mashed spuds with the dreaded truffle oil, mushrooms au gratin, and a hunk of St Agur for good measure...chased it down with a good healthy amount of Cab Sav....early night tonight.

Purty, Rock! :yum:

And PPO, we get a 2 fer 1! :yum: again!

Last edited:
Is that a hunk of blue cheese on the steak? :yum::chef:

Is that a hunk of blue cheese on the steak? :yum::chef:

St Agur is blue cheese :)
Lovely isn't it? :yum:

I ended up making chicken schnitzel with a lovely pan sauce, some parsley potatoes tossed in brown butter and steamed asparagus. Quick and easy.

Not sure yet. We have our wine club board meeting today, and the host usually serves a light meal. Sometimes it's a little too light. If we're still hungry afterwards, we'll probably just grab a sandwich somewhere.
Well, turns out we were in the mood for something a little more than a sandwich, so we went out tonight and treated ourselves to a few oysters and some bubbly. One of our favorites.

img_1242644_0_d06c057a3dd910c4e7159ce4c72a622c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom