"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #31
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Andy, when you sign the procedure permission, make sure you are not giving away all mineral and mining rights. My favorite clear liquid food is red jello made with cranberry juice instead of H2O, it's not as sweet.

I stuffed a half acorn squash with some leftover turkey dressing for dinner. That's about all I am hungry for today.

Red jell-o is specifically prohibited.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Went through that a couple of years ago. They put me out and supposedly, during the procedure I was mumbling something about red meat and hot sauce....

Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Red jell-o is specifically prohibited.
So much for that idea then. Well man up, show 'em your best smiley face and good luck too
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #34
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
The "dreaded procedure" involves the patient's laying on his side practically unconscious and nearly naked while a doctor (who probably wishes he had chosen gynecology as a specialty, so near and yet so far) snakes a little TV camera attached to a long flexible tube through a convoluted tubular part of your body using an opening that is customarily one way in the other direction.
Got ya...hope all goes well Andy!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
Cupcake

Good luck to you, Andy. My favorite college prof once told of the first time he had that procedure. He said as he was laying there in some kind of twilight trance, a group of medical students traipsed in and he was mortified. (He had signed the permission when he checked it....after all, it was a teaching hospital.) Just when he thought it could not get worse, he heard a soft voice say, "Hi, Mr. H. Remember me from Bio 101?" Yes, an former student. I thought I would share it with you so you had something to consider when you think it cannot get worse. I mean well. Truly.

Tonight, I made a turkey stew. Simmer the carcass all day. Strain out the carcass and add celery, carrots, potatoes, and pepper to the broth. Cook for 45 minutes then add chopped turkey and frozen peas. Then salt to taste. It's a pretty soup and is really yummy. (I do not stuff the turkey when I roast it, so no idea how it would be if I used a carcass with stuffing reside, but suspect it would be good.)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #37
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks

Tags
dinner