Dinner Sunday 26th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a chicken, apricot and mango chutney meatloaf, serving it will steamed cabbage and broccoli, covered in gravy :yum:

Gonna grill a couple of ribeyes this evening. Not at all sure what's going to be on the plate with them.

I have a couple racks of beef baby back ribs sitting in the fridge in a dry rub, which we will grill later. We'll put a smoker pack in there, too, and hopefully get some smoke flavor on them. I'm thinking about getting some shrimp for surf & turf; I picked up a yellow squash, zucchini and bunch of asparagus at the farmer's market yesterday, so we'll grill those for sides and drizzle with Meyer lemon juice.

I haven't a clue! Guess I'll have to go check out the freezer in a bit and see what I got that I can do something with. We had French toast and sausages for brunch so right now I'm in the middle of a sugar buzz. Will have to wait for that to wear off before thinking about dinner.

I'm also firmly in the "haven't got a clue" frame of mind. I have no idea who will show up today for what snack or meal (ditto tomorrow) and the weather isn't very accomodating for anything. My husband had me email out a general invitation for anyone to stop by any time over the weekend, hoping to enjoy the porches we cleaned up over the past week. I just asked that people give a ring before showing up at the door. Last night wound up being a barbecue with a neighbor and his daughter, the weather let up long enough for that. Today I'm pretty sure a couple will show up around one for sips and nibbles. I think tomorrow another friend may come over to cook out again, but of course the weather will determine. So dinner tonight may just be the two of us, in which case maybe breakfast-for-supper. On the other hand, who knows? Flexibility is the name of the game this weekend. We considered a party, but there are too many graduation, end-of-school year, holiday, and even one ordination parties going to coordinate such a thing, so we just decided to have an open-drop-in policy this holiday weekend.

The yungun has rehearsal after work so won't be home until the wee hours of the morning. It'll just be DH and I. After a browse through the freezer, I've decided to do a quick jambalaya. I've got the trinity in the freezer and smoked sausage in the fridge. It'll be a nice simple supper for us.

I took some freezer spaghetti sauce out of the freezer earlier and will be having that... with spaghetti. Basically so I can put another hurtin' on the crusty french bread I bought yesterday.

Dinner tonight was Prime sirloin steak (baked at 275°F to 110° internal temp then broiled to brown), steamed fresh corn on the cob and steamed fresh baby spinach

img_1270100_0_a72427666824f83ce9fd7e55bd25ab08.jpg

I have my mac salad made and veggie kabobs prepped for tomorrow.

Decided I could make one more pot of chicken soup while the weather was still cool. Used a rotiserrie chicken but simmered the bones/skin/fat with spices to make homemade stock to mix with a box of broth. :yum: Needed lots of liquid since I cleaned out all the random bits of noodles in the pantry. *poof* Three plastic containers gone. :)

I grilled up some boneless pork chops and heated up some baked beans for a side dish along with a salad.

That looks wonderful. Have you been posting any of these recipes lately?

My arthritis has been giving me a hard time lately so I have not been cooking very much. But my daughter was craving this and my Mother in law is here so I did this with my daughters help. I finally have this recipe where I want it. I hope to post the recipe soon.

Dinner tonight was Prime sirloin steak (baked at 275°F to 110° internal temp then broiled to brown), steamed fresh corn on the cob and steamed fresh baby spinach

img_1270173_0_a72427666824f83ce9fd7e55bd25ab08.jpg

I have my mac salad made and veggie kabobs prepped for tomorrow.

That plate looks perfect!

Back
Top Bottom