Dinner Sunday 27th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made my chicken & bacon pizza tonight. Now...let me see if I can attach the pics. I am trying this all from my phone.

ForumRunner_20130127_184502.jpg

ForumRunner_20130127_184441.jpg

Okay the pics are out of order but...

Last edited:
Red Beans and Brown Rice with Andouille Sausage... :yum:

img_1233550_0_c7e5aedc17cf74f4d05912ea367560c5.jpg

I have slow cooker pepper steak cooking now. I will serve it over rice. It smells great!

Whisk, with the twice baked potatoes, does this mean you have them in the oven twice, meaning you take them out just to put them back in again, or do you cook them in the microwave first, then the oven?

I have found this recipe, is this what you do?

Twice Baked Potatoes

This one looks nice too

Another Twice Baked Potato Recipe

Last edited:
I'm making the pork roast we used to eat on Sundays when I lived in Germany. It is cooked in a clay oven (mine is a Tuscan Oven). Side of green beans. I was going to take a picture before I put it in the oven, but left the camera on (again) and am now recharging the batteries. It already is starting to make the house smell wonderful. I'll post the recipe with the finished dish pic later. Basically it is a pork pot roast--pork roast, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, raisins, apples, beer, seasonings.
Pics ready to carve and plated. Pork roast, potatoes and carrots, green beans, homemade sauerkraut and gravy made from the pan juices to which I added 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard. I had forgotten how easy this is. While the Tuscan Oven was soaking (15 minutes) I prepped the carrots, onions, and potatoes and browned the roast. I was done before the timer went. It goes in a cold oven and I didn't check it for 2.5 hours. It was done, drained the juices, made the gravy and the beans. Total time to do this (minus cooking time) was 30 minutes (I heated the water for the beans when I checked the temp of the roast and took it out to rest). That way, while making the gravy, I just turned back on the heat, the water started boiling within a minute, and the beans and gravy were ready at the same time. Also heated the sauerkraut.

Attachments

• pork_roast 036.jpg
    pork_roast 036.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 170
  • pork_roast 038.jpg
    pork_roast 038.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 150
Yes, those pics and instrux are what I do. One certainly can microwave bake the potato as a first step. I prefer roasting in the oven. Then split and scoop. Today I mixed the potato with sour cream, grated cheddar, butter. Calories . Need to keep my strength up or something. Also one tiny red onion. Mix & fill potato shells, Put a little more cheese on top. Back into the oven until reheated through and cheese browns a bit. Serve one half potato for dinner with a line of Mexican salsa across the top. Reserve the other half not yet twice baked to heat and serve for lunch tomorrow.

We had fusilli carbonara and a salad with blue cheese dressing. I used Romano pecorino instead of Parmesan. It all turned out really good.

Garlic, cheese and chicken sausage? Man, that sounds and looks good!

thanks kylie and pac. it turned out great. and it was healthy. the chicken sausage was simply browned on a non-stick grill pan, and just a tbsp or so of evoo for the peppers and onions.

i don't know how they get the sausage to taste so good. not dry at all as i'd expect from chicken sausage, and the nutritiinal info on the package showed it was relatively low in fat and sodium.

Last edited:
i don't know how they get the sausage to taste so good. not dry at all as i'd expect from chicken sausage, and the nutritiinal info on the package showed it was relatively low in fat and sodium.

Tom, we buy pork sausages that only contain 1.0g of saturated fat, which is brilliant :)

All the other sausages we have seen contain soooooo much more fat, especially the beef ones, so that is great that you have found a lovely chicken sausage that is a low fat option :)

Yes, those pics and instrux are what I do. One certainly can microwave bake the potato as a first step. I prefer roasting in the oven. Then split and scoop. Today I mixed the potato with sour cream, grated cheddar, butter. Calories . Need to keep my strength up or something. Also one tiny red onion. Mix & fill potato shells, Put a little more cheese on top. Back into the oven until reheated through and cheese browns a bit. Serve one half potato for dinner with a line of Mexican salsa across the top. Reserve the other half not yet twice baked to heat and serve for lunch tomorrow.

Thank you Whisk, that all sounds great! :)

Back
Top Bottom