"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #41
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I too love Chinese...not junk at all...good tasty food
Don't think Chinese is junk at all
The junk I'm talking about is the huge sloppy fat drenced fries, hunks of lunch meat like polony (prefer my deli meats without eyes ears and whiskers!), blocks of cheese straight from the fridge, fried chicken, meals in a can etc.
We do not have the same taste in food at all!!! Hubby's from Mars, I'm from Venus and I'm not moving

Give me some sushi, in season fruits and veg, a good cut of beef, pork or lamb cooked simply, a well matured cheese like stinking bishop, camembert or parmesan, fresh pasta with pesto, slivers of smoked salmon, pickles, chillies, freshly baked bread or just about anything made from real, fresh and tasty ingredients and I'm in heaven!

I don't like processed nonsense. If my 10 yr old can't recognise the ingredients in a product I won't buy or eat it
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #42
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Really!? Yummy meal again Do you ever eat anything boring or plain?
Us normal folks have beans on toast nights too!
Steve eats like a King every night. The rest of us are just peasants.
__________________

__________________
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #43
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Spaghetti with meatballs made from ground chicken, ceasar salad and garlic bread...
YUM!
__________________
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #44
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Steve eats like a King every night. The rest of us are just peasants.
We could all move in with him Guess we'd be back to square one then, he'd be broke from all the mouths he has to feed
I get this feeling he could whip up a meal fit for a king with almost nothing though!
My mom's like that, we never noticed we were poor
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #45
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
We could all move in with him Guess we'd be back to square one then, he'd be broke from all the mouths he has to feed
I get this feeling he could whip up a meal fit for a king with almost nothing though!
My mom's like that, we never noticed we were poor
No can do, Snip. I have to have greasy Chinese take-out, pizza & greasy, fat cheese burgers every once in awhile.
__________________
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That looks fabulous CWS
Thanks, Kylie. It was quite good, just doesn't have a name. I'm on a curry kick right now...love my friend's curry powder on popcorn, too.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Don't think Chinese is junk at all
The junk I'm talking about is the huge sloppy fat drenced fries, hunks of lunch meat like polony (prefer my deli meats without eyes ears and whiskers!), blocks of cheese straight from the fridge, fried chicken, meals in a can etc.
We do not have the same taste in food at all!!! Hubby's from Mars, I'm from Venus and I'm not moving

Give me some sushi, in season fruits and veg, a good cut of beef, pork or lamb cooked simply, a well matured cheese like stinking bishop, camembert or parmesan, fresh pasta with pesto, slivers of smoked salmon, pickles, chillies, freshly baked bread or just about anything made from real, fresh and tasty ingredients and I'm in heaven!

I don't like processed nonsense. If my 10 yr old can't recognise the ingredients in a product I won't buy or eat it
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Thanks, Kylie. It was quite good, just doesn't have a name. I'm on a curry kick right now...love my friend's curry powder on popcorn, too.
Your welcome CWS

I love curry too, although I have never had it on popcorn
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #49
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Sorry
No need to say sorry
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Properly prepared Chinese food is not greasy, and is a very healthy diet. I've gotten back to cooking every day and I eat a lot more Asian food now. One reason Asian is good is because many of the dishes have several or more vegetables. I don't eat all that much rice (just a bit) so I'm eating mostly protein and vegetables. Even with frequently preparing the jalapeno poppers I've been discussing I've still managed to lose 2 pounds in the last month and I feel great! I don't feel good like this when I eat a lot of restaurant food or convenience food. Another reason this is good is because I know to prepare the amount I want to eat rather than getting it in a one size fits all container.
__________________

__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.