Dinner Sunday 28th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too love Chinese...not junk at all...good tasty food :)

Don't think Chinese is junk at all :LOL:
The junk I'm talking about is the huge sloppy fat drenced fries, hunks of lunch meat like polony (prefer my deli meats without eyes ears and whiskers!), blocks of cheese straight from the fridge, fried chicken, meals in a can etc.
We do not have the same taste in food at all!!! Hubby's from Mars, I'm from Venus and I'm not moving :angel:

Give me some sushi, in season fruits and veg, a good cut of beef, pork or lamb cooked simply, a well matured cheese like stinking bishop, camembert or parmesan, fresh pasta with pesto, slivers of smoked salmon, pickles, chillies, freshly baked bread or just about anything made from real, fresh and tasty ingredients and I'm in heaven!

I don't like processed nonsense. If my 10 yr old can't recognise the ingredients in a product I won't buy or eat it :LOL:

Steve eats like a King every night. The rest of us are just peasants. :LOL:

We could all move in with him :LOL: Guess we'd be back to square one then, he'd be broke from all the mouths he has to feed :ohmy:
I get this feeling he could whip up a meal fit for a king with almost nothing though!
My mom's like that, we never noticed we were poor :LOL:

We could all move in with him :LOL: Guess we'd be back to square one then, he'd be broke from all the mouths he has to feed :ohmy:
I get this feeling he could whip up a meal fit for a king with almost nothing though!
My mom's like that, we never noticed we were poor :LOL:

No can do, Snip. I have to have greasy Chinese take-out, pizza & greasy, fat cheese burgers every once in awhile. :cool:

Sorry :LOL:

Don't think Chinese is junk at all :LOL:
The junk I'm talking about is the huge sloppy fat drenced fries, hunks of lunch meat like polony (prefer my deli meats without eyes ears and whiskers!), blocks of cheese straight from the fridge, fried chicken, meals in a can etc.
We do not have the same taste in food at all!!! Hubby's from Mars, I'm from Venus and I'm not moving :angel:

Give me some sushi, in season fruits and veg, a good cut of beef, pork or lamb cooked simply, a well matured cheese like stinking bishop, camembert or parmesan, fresh pasta with pesto, slivers of smoked salmon, pickles, chillies, freshly baked bread or just about anything made from real, fresh and tasty ingredients and I'm in heaven!

I don't like processed nonsense. If my 10 yr old can't recognise the ingredients in a product I won't buy or eat it :LOL:

Thanks, Kylie. It was quite good, just doesn't have a name. I'm on a curry kick right now...love my friend's curry powder on popcorn, too.

Your welcome CWS :)

I love curry too, although I have never had it on popcorn :LOL:

Properly prepared Chinese food is not greasy, and is a very healthy diet. I've gotten back to cooking every day and I eat a lot more Asian food now. One reason Asian is good is because many of the dishes have several or more vegetables. I don't eat all that much rice (just a bit) so I'm eating mostly protein and vegetables. Even with frequently preparing the jalapeno poppers I've been discussing I've still managed to lose 2 pounds in the last month and I feel great! I don't feel good like this when I eat a lot of restaurant food or convenience food. Another reason this is good is because I know to prepare the amount I want to eat rather than getting it in a one size fits all container.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom