Dinner Sunday 28th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spaghetti with meatballs made from ground chicken, ceasar salad and garlic bread...

Attachments

• DSC00930.jpg
    DSC00930.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Lovely pics, GG and Rock! Super meals, all!

We ended up with black bean wild rice soup, along with some thuringer and cheese.

Those meals do really sound scrumptious.

We had pork pot roast that I made in the slow cooker. Interesting and tender, definitely food. It's a bit of a learning curve.

We had YUM for dinner tonight :yum:

I decided to try Kadesma's Chicken Thighs and paired it with Steve Kroll's Chile Lime Sweet Potatoes. I rounded it out with some fresh cucumber and tomatoes.

I have to tell you both that your recipes are fantastic! I will be going to both threads to say so. They also worked very well together. TB really loved it and there was nothing in either recipe that he couldn't have so that made it all the better. :)

We went to a German-themed potluck tonight. There was rouladen, warm potato salad, spaetzle, and apple cake for dessert. For my part, I brought braised red cabbage made using my grandmother's recipe.

We went to a German-themed potluck tonight. There was rouladen, warm potato salad, spaetzle, and apple cake for dessert. For my part, I brought braised red cabbage made using my grandmother's recipe.

Really!? Yummy meal again :yum: Do you ever eat anything boring or plain? :LOL:
Us normal folks have beans on toast nights too! ;)

Gonna try Kadesma's chicken thighs and honey tonight. I had aimed to do this at the rendezvous but I 'spect it will be just as good in the oven. Gonna serve it with my version of Jamaican rice and peas.

How did it work out Hoot?

No name for this. I took a leftover baked potato, diced it, julienne carrots (I love the Pampered Chef julienne tool), kale, black beans,garlic, 1/2 chopped jalapeno pepper, homemade curry powder blend from my friend--fried the veggies up in a CI skillet, tossed in the curry powder and jalapeno pepper, cooked a steak to medium rare, sliced it and then tiopped the "mess" with a bit of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro. Another one of my "pg slop" one-dish meals.

Attachments

• curry_steak.jpg
    curry_steak.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Oh, we have quite a few takeaway Chinese nights, too. And leftovers are always very popular toward the end of the week. :LOL:

I like Chinese take out! Think I've just been cooking things I don't like to make others happy for far too long! :LOL:
My husband likes junk, I'm in need of some decent meals badly!

Really!? Yummy meal again :yum: Do you ever eat anything boring or plain? :LOL:
Us normal folks have beans on toast nights too! ;)
My Scottish ex used to eat beans on toast. Can't stand baked beans, so we don't do that, but Stirling 'em, so he might have beans on a "scrounge" night.

My Scottish ex used to eat beans on toast. Can't stand baked beans, so we don't do that, but Stirling 'em, so he might have beans on a "scrounge" night.

I jazz them up a bit, don't eat them plain. I add fried onion and bacon, a dash of mayo, w/sauce and hotsauce and then they're pretty darn tasty :yum:

My ex used to eat canned corned beef, still can't eat it now. Think he put me off for life lol!

Last edited:
mmmm baked beans on bread :yum:

Baked beans on bread was in the rotation when I was a kid. I love baked bean open faced sandwiches. And I make them now once in a while, jazzed up with sliced hotdogs, additional bacon and all sorts of stuff.
It was a member here from England who suggested serving them on toast... buttered toast no less! Heaven :yum:

mmmm baked beans on bread :yum:

Baked beans on bread was in the rotation when I was a kid. I love baked bean open faced sandwiches. And I make them now once in a while, jazzed up with sliced hotdogs, additional bacon and all sorts of stuff.
It was a member here from England who suggested serving them on toast... buttered toast no less! Heaven :yum:

Must have butter on toast Pac! I even put butter on my toast when I have marrow :pig:

I like Chinese take out! Think I've just been cooking things I don't like to make others happy for far too long! :LOL:
My husband likes junk, I'm in need of some decent meals badly!

I too love Chinese...not junk at all...good tasty food :)

No name for this. I took a leftover baked potato, diced it, julienne carrots (I love the Pampered Chef julienne tool), kale, black beans,garlic, 1/2 chopped jalapeno pepper, homemade curry powder blend from my friend--fried the veggies up in a CI skillet, tossed in the curry powder and jalapeno pepper, cooked a steak to medium rare, sliced it and then tiopped the "mess" with a bit of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro. Another one of my "pg slop" one-dish meals.

That looks fabulous CWS :chef:

Back
Top Bottom