Dinner Sunday 31st March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, seems i've opened a can of worms that i'll regret until christmas.

you're right; i don't know what's in everyone's heart for sure. but the fairly normal responses to tonight's dinner thread in juxtaposition to the chief's and a few other's, along with my sentimemt about recent things that i'd heard on the radio led me to my observation.

i'm allowed an observation, aren't i? flawed as it may be.

forgive me (i'm christian...:))

i find it interesting when you try to compliment people with a seemingly contrary belief, they automatically think you're pointing it out to be against them.

again, another observation.

and i think i covered the "reasons why there was no celebration today" part.

please reread my posts, before they go away.

and do i really have to go back and quote christmas threads to prove any points i've made?

Last edited:
"i think it's good that people who don't claim to be religious (christian religious, that is) didn't go out of their way to make a fuss for easter dinner. i'm not saying that everyone who posted did that, but it's just the sense that i'm getting."

My point Bucky, was that I didn't understand the statement above, I was trying to figure out how you would know if they "claim" or "don't claim" to be "Christian religious" from their posts about dinner. :/ btw believe me, I re-read and re-read your post, to see if I could ascertain what that paragraph meant. I do however, understand what you are saying regarding the radio sportscasters and how their hypocrisy could get you thinking. Thinking is good ;).

So what are you eating for April Fools Day? ;)

ok, thanks. again, the dinner posts seemed so mundane on the highest holiday of the christian calendar that guided my thoughts after the recent events on the radio and elsewgere, which at this time would be moot to add.

dinner for the 1st?

mannah, milk, honey, loaves, and fishes.

you know us folk...

Last edited:
Steve, TaxLady, and Bucky, I know that each of you are caring people, who would do anything for anybody. As an outsider looking in, I'm sorry to see that there were misunderstandings. I think that Buck, what you were trying to say was unclear, and could have been read to say that you thought everyone who was non-Christian was hypocritical if they ate an Easter feast. K also know that your were simply applauding those who declined to celebrate because it wasn't a holiday that they believed in. And Taxy, and Steve, I know that you were pointing out some very valid points about why non-Christians would celebrate the holiday. In any case, you are all correct in your own p.o.v.

BT, thanks for the kind words about my Easter experience. I'm not sure why I deserve anything though. I'm simply being what I was born to be, a dad and husband. To me, it's an honor to be a part of a family. It's a requirement to love them, and and my friends, and ins so far as I am able, everyone else. It may not be required by law, but rather because it's who I am.

Now I'm not saying that I don't get frustrated, and angry, or am any better than another, simply that I believe that we should try to lift each other, and try to make everywhere we go better than it was before we got there, almost like one of the Boy Scout ideals concerning campsites, only applied to people. If I can help someone smile, and make their day a little better, then my day is better. That's all. And think about it; if everyone followed that ideal, what a world this would be.:mrgreen:

Ever wonder why I use Mr. Green smiley face so ofter? I'ts because the face shows not only happiness, but exuberance. I wish everyone could feel like that, all the time.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This morning we had a treasure hunt for the little kids that live on either side of us and our grandson. They had to follow clues that lead them to Easter baskets.

Following that, we had mimosas, pastries and appetizers for all.

Dinner was Tossed salad and garlic cheese bread and lasagna Bolognese. Dessert was chocolate cake and paklava.

I forgot to serve the wine!

Andy, you never fail us. You are a beacon of cullinary excellence. It all sounds soooo good, except for the wine:LOL:. I just can't handle that flavor, even when it's cooked into something. It's just the way my tongue is built. But I'm a sucker for great lasagna, especially with lots of meat, aka bolognaise.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ribs, shrimp etc.
39817-albums960-picture5455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom