Dinner Sunday 31st March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roast turkey, here, too, glazed with maple syrup from our trees, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli. I have hummus and fresh baked pitas and veggies to tide us over until the turkey is ready. Dessert is Swedish Almond Cake. I'm thinking about dressing it up with a drizzle of lignonberry sauce when serving it...

Fired up the smoking grill, baby back ribs,seasoned over night with a couple rib eyes, extra large shrimp, asparagus cooked in a brown paper bag with EVOO and garlic, brussel sprouts, grilled potatoes, and a strawberry cheesecake.
The ribs and shrimp will be glazed with yakatori sauce. Oyster shooters and beer.

Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake
39817-albums933-picture5454.jpg

Today is a locally made ring of kielbasa, asparagus and cabbage salad!

The Erabbit left me a handful of Dove Dark Chocolate Sugar Free candies!

Boy that rabbit has small hands!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We picked up some lamb shoulder chops yesterday; I'm going to braise them with onions, garlic, rosemary and either red wine or chicken broth. I'll serve them with a green salad, risotto with spring vegetables, and a strawberry tart.

easter dinner here tonight.

baked dietz and watson ham, fresh polish rye (still hot from the bakery), potato salad, coleslaw, stringbeans, shredded beets and horseradish, and farmers cheese.
:yum:

This morning we had a treasure hunt for the little kids that live on either side of us and our grandson. They had to follow clues that lead them to Easter baskets.

Following that, we had mimosas, pastries and appetizers for all.

Dinner was Tossed salad and garlic cheese bread and lasagna Bolognese. Dessert was chocolate cake and paklava.

I forgot to serve the wine!

More for later, Andy!

I'm going to grill a burger. I bought some Genoa salami to give that a try on top of the burger. I'm also going to stuff it with feta and add a slice of tomato and a slice of Swiss to it. Served on a grilled garlic hard roll.

More for later, Andy!

I'm going to grill a burger. I bought some Genoa salami to give that a try on top of the burger. I'm also going to stuff it with feta and add a slice of tomato and a slice of Swiss to it. Served on a grilled garlic hard roll.

I think you'll like it!

:yum: guys!

I planned to pan sear some scallops, but I can't find them in the freezer, so it'll be boiled shrimp tonight.

James didn't feel well so we had to cancel our Easter dinner plans with friends. We picked up some KFC (hot wings, mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, and biscuits for me; original chicken, chicken bites, cole slaw for James).

Back
Top Bottom