Dinner Sunday 3rd March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The looks like the butter chicken you posted last time, Kylie. Are the recipes very similar? It looks delicious, but I hate buying dish specific ingredients I'll probably only use once a year.

Pac, this one is very different in ingredients and flavours

Also this one takes sometime cooking, we were in the kitchen for a good hour or so :)

You make the chicken tikka from scratch and cook that under the grill and also the lovely, creamy butter sauce is made totally from scratch, and it is all a very different method from the other Butter Chicken we normally have :)

With this one, after you have made the butter sauce, you then put it through a blender and then through a sieve and the sauce looks like liquid gold :yum:

With us, we dont mind buying specific ingredients as we do a lot of Indian curries and so we love having the ingredients on hand whenever we need them

Last edited:
Nice. Every once in a while I go all out on a recipe, too. It's a nice feeling when you sit down to eat.

I love butter chicken and yours looks just the way I like it.....:)

I am going to slow roast a slab of pork belly for dinner. I have it marinating in a mixture of roasted peppercorns and fennel seeds, garlic, thyme and olive oil. I think it is going to take about 2 1/2 hours. Then crisp up the skin. Going to serve it with garlic gai lan and some kind of potato....
Skipped the greens and went with spinach salad...

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 172
Slow roasted pork belly... nice!
I've been meaning to order some pork belly. I'm going to try to make my own bacon. Maybe I'll get two now. That's a nice looking meal. That crust on the pork belly HAS to be good!

Slow roasted pork belly... nice!
I've been meaning to order some pork belly. I'm going to try to make my own bacon. Maybe I'll get two now. That's a nice looking meal. That crust on the pork belly HAS to be good!
Thanks. It was good. But, I wasn't happy with the piece of porkbelly. It was pretty fatty, and very uneven in thickness. I bought a few pieces off of a local farmer a few months ago, they were all wrapped. This piece was folded in half so after it thawed and I unfolded it, it was very thin. I have three 2 lb slabs left. The first one I tried a couple of months ago was excellent. Very thick and lean. Hoepfully the other ones are better. I may end up slicing them up for Korean style or just fried up side pork.

Last edited:
I made the split pea soup, but never got around to the Andouille hash. I decided to make taco meat mixture and used half of that to make a tamale pie/casserole.

I'll make the hash tomorrow. The tamale pie came out great!:chef:

I made cumin pork using my recipe for cumin beef and changing it to pork and velveting in simmering water instead of in oil. That worked out well. Very tasty. I made some stir fried vegis with a sauce made with oyster sauce, tamari, rice wine, vegi stock, and corn starch. I seasoned the vegis with plenty of fresh, mince garlic and ginger. It was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I'm still searching for a really tasty vegi stir fry with no MSG. Served it with brown basmati rice ('cause we almost always have brown basmati - we like it).

Dessert was the rest of the cake that Vit posted in the coffee klatch thread: Recipe - Swedish Visiting Cake. The texture is somewhere between cake and cookie. It's easy and it's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom